Engine Questions

The Undying Nephalim

8 hours ago, av93 said:

Finally the game will use pyrogenesis engine or not? (it says so in the wikia, I know that could be outdated). They look very nice!

Yeah I'm still making this for Pyrogenesis. I've just not gotten much done because lack of time. I recently had a full time job for the last several months and it pretty much nuked all my time. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finished up all the units for my second civilization:

Spoiler

invading_in_style_by_undyingnephalim-d9r

Here's a bit of general information about them:

Spoiler

INFANTRY

Trooper: Troopers are the mass produced front line soldiers of the VRA. They are only given minimal programming and lack the human features, both physically and emotionally, of their higher functioning counterparts. Armed with a semi automatic plasma rifle, they march fearlessly to fulfill their objectives.

Plasma Marine: Armed with powerful cannon that lobs a high yield volley of burning plasma. They are adequate for punching through vehicle armor and chipping away at energy shields.

Deployable Turret: These slow moving Troopers carry portable turrets that they can deploy on the battlefield. The Turrets themselves unleash rapid fire barrages of needle thin plasma bolts. They are excellent against unarmored targets and aircraft.

Terminator: These lumbering heavy infantry bring two rapid fire plasma chainguns to the battlefield. When an enemy gains on the Terminator, it's able to unleash two streams and plasmathrowers that can melt through most targets.

VEHICLES

Strider: The Strider is a fast and light recon vehicle. The VRA use them for scout and exploration duty, as well as perimeter patrol and harassing. Their light plasma cannon can burn down unarmored targets with ease.

Outrider: The Outrider is a swift and fast vehicle armed with a missile launcher. It can fire three homing missiles at once, making them ideal for taking down aircraft and other swift targets.

Cruiser: Serving as the VRA's main battle tank, the Cruiser is a swift and light assault vehicle. Its plasma cannon is strong enough to burn through most armor and can tear apart infantry unlucky enough to be in its blast radius.

Prowler: The Prowler serves as heavy assault tank and armored transport. It can be upgraded with three different independent weapons (such as Plasma Cannons or Missile Launchers), making it rather versatile. In addition it can carry an entire squad of infantry.

HOVERCRAFT

Missile Platform: The nimble and frail Missile Platform can hover over all terrain to unleash its battery of homing missiles. It's particularly effective at taking out air units and can dent most armored targets.

Repair Platform: The Repair Platform can glide over the harshest terrain to offer relief to damaged VRA units. It can repair one unit at a time with its welder and store of drones.

Railgun Platform: Sporting a giant Railgun on its frame, this hovering platform hurls a massive high velocity energy round at incredible speeds. It can puncture all known armors and is powerful enough to pass through most energy shielding. It's only drawback is its very slow recharge time and the weapon's very narrow field of fire.

Artillery Platform: Mounting a long range plasma howitzer on this platform has given the VRA an ideal siege weapon that can cross all terrain. The Platform can devastate stationary targets with ease, but the nature of its weaponry makes it a poor choice against most mobile targets.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Dudde, use some Synthwave and Trance music for the soundtrack and I am "in."
Have some independant artists in this genre. Can get permission. Would be fantastic fit!

The soundtrack will pretty much be all 80's synth, which each race's tracks have their own spin on it. Here's a sample my composer has made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzvcco4t9almmxa/SigmaTheme_NorinTheme.mp3?dl=0 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

The soundtrack will pretty much be all 80's synth, which each race's tracks have their own spin on it. Here's a sample my composer has made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzvcco4t9almmxa/SigmaTheme_NorinTheme.mp3?dl=0 

Wow. This is inspired. The spirit of Vangelis. Sounds a little like Blade Runner! "All those... moments... lost...like tears... in... rain..."

Can you give backstory to the mod? Is there a storyline? Must be desperatation. Edge of annihilation. Humanity on the brink, fighting against all odd. A fighting retreat, then a desperate last stand. We will not go gently into that good night.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Wow. This is inspired. The spirit of Vangelis. Sounds a little like Blade Runner! "All those... moments... lost...like tears... in... rain..."

That track is one that plays when you play as the Jevorons (the blue creatures with the orange eyes, like in my icon)

Here's a few more, these one's play for a different race:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hyq28di6eqkli5/Sigma%20Official%20Soundtrack%20-%20Conflict%20is%20Business.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfu7smtc4vyr5rm/Sigma%20Official%20Soundtrack%20-%20War-torn%20Income.mp3?dl=0

• Like 2

2 hours ago, implodedok said:

The Undying Nephalim:  I really like your work; keep it up.  I think it's awesome that people use the Pyrogenesis engine for creating RTS games. :-)  Plus I could use a good sci-fi RTS game personally. ;-)

I'll keep on trying to get this done. I just have to battle with my day job. 

15 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can you give backstory to the mod? Is there a storyline? Must be desperatation. Edge of annihilation. Humanity on the brink, fighting against all odd. A fighting retreat, then a desperate last stand. We will not go gently into that good night.

I guess I can give a little backstory. I guess first I'll blurb about the different races.
The Zevestivan 

Spoiler

the_road_to_hell_by_undyingnephalim-d9e2

They are a bunch of reptilian nomads who live on a barren desert planet. Some time in the distant past they had an empire that spanned the stars, but their civilization collapsed on itself. What's left on this sand world had to restart in a dark age of lost technology. They've recently discovered a means to travel between worlds again and have set out to find their true world of origin.

The V.R.A.

Spoiler

vederiction_by_undyingnephalim-d8qqic8.j

A race of genocidal expansionist machines. The original creators made them to be like living beings in every way. Over time it seems their creators abandoned them or were destroyed. Left without guidance, the VRA devolved and rid themselves of emotional components to survive in space. Now they go from world to world, stripping them bare before moving unto the next.

The Sov

Spoiler

broker_by_undyingnephalim-d9dusr9.jpg

A race of bureaucratic, capitalist insectoids. They control an extremely vast commercial empire spread across multiple galaxies and billions of worlds. The have created a massive army of automated droids as their military.

The Mylock

Spoiler

3d_render____mylock_individual_by_undyin

The Mylock, like the VRA, are a race of created machines. They are much more evolved and were created to travel into and explore hyper-dimensions. As such individual Mylocks are nano machines, with billions of them connecting to form larger forms.

The Ekoset

The Ekoset are massive, cybernetic flora. They travel from world to world, terraforming them into greenhouse wastelands. They possess extremely advanced, self sufficient technology and energy shielding.

The Jevorons

Spoiler

exiled_by_undyingnephalim-d8js81g.jpg

The Jevorons are hyper-dimensional entities. While certainly conscious and sentient, it's unknown if they really classify as a life form. They inhabit the fourth dimensional crystalline latice that weaves its way through the universe like a skeleton, entering our three dimensional space to explore and guide other races into harmony.

Aabtani

Spoiler

the_brane_of_my_bulk_by_undyingnephalim-

Aabtani is Jevoron who broke away from its people over a disagreement of purpose. Instead of living in harmony with the Crystalline Lattice, Aabtani discovered a way to control and manipulate the hyper-dimensional structure as a weapon, creating a warped army that houses its will. Aabtani now spreads across the universe with the intent of usurping the Jevoron's dominance of space.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Third civilization, coming right up:

Spoiler

DdHdxdl.jpg

And some details on their units, of course:

Spoiler

DRONES

Seeker Drone: This small and frail drone can hover over all terrain and scout out almost any environment. While not suited for direct combat, their powerful sensors can be linked with other nearby drones to improve the range and accuracy of their weapons.

Perimeter Drone: The Perimeter Drone serves as  cheap and basic guards for small Sov bases. While not heavily armed, their four magnetic armor plates can deflect and absorb projectiles, making them durable against small arms fire.

Assault Drone: Armed with a rotating shock cannon, Assault Drones can be sent in en-mass to electrocute the living daylights out of infantry and other small targets.

Drone Master: The Drone Master can command and coordinate armies of drones in its vicinity. Its most notable ability is to passively regenerate battle damage of all drones within a limited radius of itself.

HOVER SAUCERS

Xor Recon Saucer: The Xor Saucer is a swift hovercraft that can move over all but the most steep terrain. Armed with a single shock cannon, they are only effective at attacking infantry or unarmored targets.

Zapaso Sniping Saucer: These slow moving hover saucers can focus their energy into an extremely dense beam that has a very slow rate of decay. As such they can fire over tremendous distances, sniping infantry and small vehicles into dust.

Kiziso Pulse Saucer: This medium sized craft is armed with a rapid rotating, rapid fire tesla pulse cannon. It can shred through infantry with ease and take down aircraft in no time. It's much less effective against armor and energy shields.

Xanalu Siege Saucer: The Siege Saucer is a slow moving craft that must stop and deploy itself in order to attack. Once unloaded into a turreted position, it charges up a very powerful stream of energy that can burn through armor and even energy shields. Anything between the Xanalu and its target is also damaged by the beam.

FLYING SAUCERS

Xilos Battle Saucer: These small patrol craft are the most numerous ship in the Sov's vast universe spanning fleet. They can soar very quickly through the air, firing lightning strikes unto unfortunate targets below. They are very fragile and susceptible to anti-air weaponry, however.

Rikzha Bombing Saucer: The Rikzha is able to effortlessly fly to its target and drop a series of coiled EMP bombs. While they do not do much damage, their can disable the weapon systems of their victim, making them great for taking turrets and production buildings out of a fight.

Kzapxah Security Saucer: The medium sized Kzapxah serves to protect and support Sov military operations. It's 360 degree tesla ring can track down and shock missiles, artillery, and most other physical projectiles out of the sky before they reach their targets.

Uderlud Invasion Saucer: These giant slow moving saucers loom over Sov fleets as they make their way to the battle zone. They can rain down a storm of lightning bolts from beneath their frame, electrocuting infantry instantly and wreaking havoc on the electronic systems of vehicles.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Yay, I finished all the units for the fourth civ:

Spoiler

robo_cyberthulus_by_undyingnephalim-d9zb

The info on them:

Spoiler
FLOATERS

Reveles: The Reveles is an extremely fast scout deployed by Mylock forces. It is capable of limited travel through higher dimensions, allowing it to jump around the battlefield as though it were teleporting.

Velox: The Velox is a swift combat oriented Mylock. These creatures can drift from firefight to firefight, unleashing plasma bursts that can burn through most infantry and light armor.

Procul: Proculs were designated to protect and follow Mylock bases, lobbing plasma torpedoes from vast distances at approaching invaders. Proculs are notable for having uncanny accuracy despite the distances they can attack from.

Fulsi: The Fulsi is a short ranged anti-armor unit created by Mylock forces. It can fire a single beam of super heated plasma, burning through most metals and disrupting all but the heaviest of energy shielding.

CRAWLERS

Tergum: The towering Tergums lumber around the battlefield, unleashing a rapid fire pulse cannon on hapless enemies. The quick nature of its weapon makes it a notable anti-air unit.

Tormenta: Tormentas are specialized Mylocks that can heat matter to insane degrees in a four dimensional furnace. While it takes quite a bit of time to cook their projectiles, when they reach critical temperatures they burst with the heat of a star and can incinerate large stationary targets.

Ampilus: The Ampilus is a large, all purpose combat machine. It can unleash slow but powerful plasma pulses, burning down infantry and punching holes in enemy armor.

Dominus: The massive Dominus houses a single beam emitter, from which it can charge and unleash a stream of super heated plasma. Such a beam is so powerful it can slice through almost all matter and even energy shielding.

ENTRENCHERS:

Oculi: The Oculi can burrow itself in place and use its massive sensor array to peek into higher dimensions. With an Oculi nearby, adjacent Mylock units can fire their projectiles beyond their range and the fog of war at moving targets.

Curare: The Curare is a mobile healing vehicle, setting up shop in the middle of warzones and unleashing nano-machines to swiftly repair all units adjacent to itself.

Dolum: The Dolum is able to peer into four dimensional space and distort its geometry, causing three dimensional space to warp around the vehicle. Enemy projectiles are often disrupted and sent in unintended directions. Enemy units that happen to pass very close to the Dolum will suddenly find themselves moving in unintended directions as well.

Custos: The Custos is a mobile turret battery that can move about and bunker itself into the ground. It can climb almost any terrain and station itself on mountains and other high ground to attack enemies below.

Annnnddd now I vanish for 2-3 months as my day job halts it all. See you guys then with the roster of units for the next civ.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

@Undying Nephalim:
You are the most undying nephalim ever Chasen. I am looking forward to these crystaline lattices. I will do what I can to help you. I also am working on drone armies, so there is some overlap between your and my works. Not only in terms of required functionality, also artwise (it will take a long time (decades?) till our time machine 0B.C. reaches the extraterrestrial phase though).

• Like 1

I suppose I can show some of the things I've haphazardly worked on over the last six months. These were the last models I made, a few weeks ago. Two units for the Ekoset:

Spoiler

j0OBK9M.pngYawO2Ky.png

After I finish making the models for a faction in my other mod I might set aside a week or two to finish up the models for the Ekoset here.

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2015 at 3:43 PM, wraitii said:

What I got fiddling around:

It's kind of a hack right now but if you like the effect I can make it work better and put it in-game after A18 is released.

Current system can tint the skybox so it looks perhaps more realistic (could probably be made to only color rays that look towards the ground). I also use an optional fresnel so you can make it fully chrome or only reflective at sharper angles.

Edit: yup. Can probably look right on maps where terrain won't change color much.

post-9128-0-62598300-1426084999_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-30480500-1426085001_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-88397900-1426085002_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-22346900-1426085004_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-05342000-1426085006_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-48273200-1426085007_thumb.pn

post-9128-0-43508500-1426085406_thumb.pn

@wraitii Still have that around ?