Civilization Proposal: Arabs/ Rashidun Caliphate/ Umayyads

Mega Mania

I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but in edit mode we can click the "A" key and everything in that object will be selected.

See the .blender of the models, note that initially they are in a pink color because it will not find the texture in the indicated location, just indicate the correct location on your pc.

Temporary texture, I'm using it as a base for modeling, in the future we can improve it without the need to change the 3d models a lot.

umay_struct.png

arabe_b_milleniumAD.blend

Edited by Lopess
  • Thanks 1

@Lopess talvez o detalhe no top pode ser assim? Um cubo e uma cúpula final?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mosque_of_Oqba_Courtyard,_Kairouan.jpg

EDIT: porém a cúpula tem provavelmente significados religiosos .. então talvez não é uma boa ideia pra uma estrutura militar :(

Schermata 2021-11-04 alle 14.40.13.png

Edited by Radiotraining

1 hour ago, Radiotraining said:

EDIT: porém a cúpula tem provavelmente significados religiosos .. então talvez não é uma boa ideia pra uma estrutura militar :(

Schermata 2021-11-04 alle 14.40.13.png

I agree that it looks good like this with those details.

3 hours ago, Radiotraining said:

Usarei esse como referencia para a cupula central no templo/CC. Talvez o barrack necessite somente de mais props de armas e escudos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suuuper slow, but hey! I'm back trying to make some remaining assets for the Umayyads caliphate!  (basic stuff for now..)

A couple of questions:

- I would like to make a market, but is very dense of objects and props... what is the best way to then apply textures to all those small elements? Are they unwrapped one by one and manually assigned to each specific material.. or is there perhaps a better method?

- I'm trying to assemble a bit the remaining pieces left of this civ (I made a fork here: https://github.com/stereotipo/millenniumad).. I wonder, @Lion.Kanzen, is it possible to use the emblem you have made for the Umayyads? would you like to share a png?

- Hey! @Lopess how's going? Do you want some extra concepts for some buildings..? or you're fine? :)

- Currently planning to make a blacksmith and the market! ;)

Schermata 2021-11-12 alle 18.13.55.png

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Thanks 1

Extra concepts are always welcome, I only have my weekends free so far and they are quite busy, I still have the defense towers that should be more decorated. In December I will have vacations, it will still be quite busy but at least the night period will be calmer and so I can help more with Umayyads, as well as a revamp of my Mayan mod and help to the Zapotecs, and the Lusitanians of @Duileoga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey! Come on guys! ahaha I wasn't checking on you or something .. it was only to update y'all on new stuff! :) ahahah easy!! Holidays must be for chilling out first of all! ;)  

- Lion: nope, I think the emblem hasn't been updated yet.. but also I don't know if i can use those files, in case, or you have maybe an updated version! :) or, if you have a .psd that you would share, I can work on it! ;)

Edited by Radiotraining

26 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

hey! Come on guys! ahaha I wasn't checking on you or something .. it was only to update y'all on new stuff! :) ahahah easy!! Holidays must be for chilling out first of all! ;)  

- Lion: nope, I think the emblem hasn't been updated yet.. but also I don't know if i can use those files, in case, or you have maybe an updated version! :) or, if you have a .psd that you would share, I can work on it! ;)

I know where they are, in the 0 AD folder of my files, the question would be in which directory of that folder. 

• Like 1

I share here some of the building updates I made to complete up the Umayyad civ. I'm learning a bit along the way, so they may have to be checked a bit before eventually bringing them to the game. Anyway guys, feel free to use these assets!

- A couple of house variations

- Farmstead

- Storehouse

- Blacksmith

I also changed a bit the texture, to make more space for the yellow-ish concrete part, which is the main component. Not sure if I'm doing it right. Of course, in case it has to be optimized with normal and AOC maps eventually in the end

Schermata 2021-11-20 alle 12.17.03.png

Schermata 2021-11-20 alle 12.19.31.png

umay_struct_02.png

Umayyad_basic_building_set_06.blend Umayyads_Blacksmith.blend

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Radiotraining said:

I share here some of the building updates I made to complete up the Umayyad civ. I'm learning a bit along the way, so they may have to be checked a bit before eventually bringing them to the game. Anyway guys, feel free to use these assets!

- A couple of house variations

- Farmstead

- Storehouse

- Blacksmith

I also changed a bit the texture, to make more space for the yellow-ish concrete part, which is the main component. Not sure if I'm doing it right. Of course, in case it has to be optimized with normal and AOC maps eventually in the end

Schermata 2021-11-20 alle 12.17.03.png

Schermata 2021-11-20 alle 12.19.31.png

umay_struct_02.png

Umayyad_basic_building_set_06.blend 1 MB · 0 downloads Umayyads_Blacksmith.blend 907 kB · 0 downloads

Nice advances with 3d models, I believe it's a correct choice for you on texture. I believe they are at a level compatible with Millenium AD.

• Like 1