Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

About the silhouette of the units, we know that it is possible to activate them through the options.

But why not also expand to gaia?

That would be something like the images I put down, animals (white), shrubs (green), stone (white), metal (golden).

Especially small animals are a problem when they are in the trees, you waste a lot of time looking for them, I think this suggestion is valid and in great need.

I also think it should be optional as well as for units.

boar.png.79ca15f4857080e92b6d5ab7d71767bb.pnggoldstone.png.bfc72a47d74c4c38dfc4f170629b51bd.png

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, borg- said:

Well I have one more suggestion: D
I think it should be audible as soon as the population reaches the limit and you need more houses. A beep resembles when you create new soldiers.

Yes, and when you click a button in the UI which is disabled for whatever reason, for instance when you try to train too many Hoplites but you've run out of wood. AOM had this, it was like a "ANG!" sound. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

Yes. That's exactly what I meant.

I find it annoying that Promoted Units need to "shout it out" in the middle of a battle. An icon that just pops in and out removes that annoying factor.

I like the "shout out" animation. It's graphical and tell the player what's happening. I like the animated chevron icons  you posted too. Here's what I propose:

If we have battalions, you can promote individual battalions by using either XP or Glory. When you do this manually and they aren't in battle, they use the "shout out" animation and the animated chevron appears briefly above the battalion.

When the battalion is actively in battle and they auto-promote to the next rank or you promote them manually while they are fighting, then all you see is the chevron animation. That way the combat isn't interrupted.

It's just I'd like to see the "shout out" animation kept in some fashion. I like to see some kind of emotion from the troops. Adds to the flavor I think. Similarly, I liked in AOE3 when your troops would cheer when they killed all of the enemy. That was a cool touch that added polish.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

TBH I don't like units celebrating and stop fighting when they reach promotion level.

i once played a game I can't remember that they keep fighting but there's an icon flashing that someone is up for promotion. I think the celebration to occur after you approve the promotion is better. Was it Civ 5?!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 0:10 AM, borg- said:

About the silhouette of the units, we know that it is possible to activate them through the options.

But why not also expand to gaia?

That would be something like the images I put down, animals (white), shrubs (green), stone (white), metal (golden).

Especially small animals are a problem when they are in the trees, you waste a lot of time looking for them, I think this suggestion is valid and in great need.

I also think it should be optional as well as for units.

boar.png.79ca15f4857080e92b6d5ab7d71767bb.pnggoldstone.png.bfc72a47d74c4c38dfc4f170629b51bd.png

u try rotating the map...press Ctr and scroll up/down using mouse...if im not mistaken...correct me please if im wrong

2 hours ago, agnozan said:

u try rotating the map...press Ctr and scroll up/down using mouse...if im not mistaken...correct me please if im wrong

He isn't asking how to do, he is proposed only gives Gaia(resources).

not alll of us  like rotating the map in many situations.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I suggest bring back Rock -Paper -scissors system.

even between faction ( Macedonia defeats Persia , Persia defeats Romans and then they can do same Macedonians.

AoE HD works in this way, isn't full balanced, only consult steam forums.

as Justus said: balance it doesn't   matter.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

5 hours ago, agnozan said:

If u rotating, what was invisible becomes visible, but part of what was visible becomes invisible.

Edited by borg-

What I'm getting from those threads is that the counter-system was removed as:

• An experimental removal of feature.
  • A way to solve imbalances.

I don't know about the first reason. It's still subject for a debate that I won't be bothered much because of DE.

But I'm witnessing a better way of solving things now: Removing Overpoweredness rather than Removing Imbalances.

• Like 1

IMHO, if you don't have battalions and formation fighting and charges and trampling and cool realistic stuff like that to provide, essentially, countering by proxy, and you instead keep mosh pit combat with single soldiers, then hard-counters are necessary to provide the tactical element to the game. The transition away from hard counters was too soon, because the tactical element they provided was not replaced with formation bonuses and penalties, charging and trampling, and other cool tactical things.

• Like 3

• Stan` featured this topic