0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

Can someone tell me the best way of recording a game? Camstudio kinda sucks at it (alt-enter).

I'm so sick of those noob reviews, I'd like to show youtube some more professional 0ad gameplay.

Edit: if anyone else also feels like making a REAL 0ad review, showing the subtilities and detailed strategy,

I'm up for a recorded -let's say 1v1 or 2v2 - multiplayer to show youtube how to tech. and fight in 0ad.

Edited by alkazar-ipse

I've tried it today: 30 days trial version.

The prob is i can't shoot more then 30 secs with it.

Any freeware alternatives?

tx anyway for the suggestion.

If I had the proper means I'd try to make a more serious record, showing that 0ad is really playable for pros.

Not one of those "Oh, hi, my name is Joky-Joe, and I'm here to review 0ad, or why not bc... let's click on play. oh, seems this is me.."

don't know how to imitate that bull-sh-t.

I'm convinced there is two types of players: those who just have fun running around the map with a horsemen, getting owned by a demobot,

and those taking eco and military operations as a serious buisness.

Edited by alkazar-ipse

• 2 weeks later...

a Assus with Pentium its good model for play and not expensive.

I used ScreenFlow which I got a while back. Its one of the best tools for Mac but the quality was choppy at times because of my small amount of RAM. The longer the game runs, it uses more RAM and that is reflected upon the quality :(

I've just uploaded my first 0 A.D. Gameplay video.

Oh btw this is my first post on these forums :P

We should play multiplayer sometime. Drop by on the IRC channel :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a REAL multiplayer game online. I 'd actually love to play in it my self :)

You know, A decent 2v2, and not just an ignorant guy speeking about men doing the fighting, because he doesn't know they can gather, most things even better, then wemen.

I haven't found a (cheap) way of recording games, PLUS I'd like to play a recorded game with some of the better skilled players (thinking about quantumstate, since he is the strongest I ever played against)

@ Mythosruler: I heard you are a pretty strong player, would you have the software to organize such a recording?

Gave it a listen, it's on Alpha 10. Early criticism: the houses are built reaaaaaally slowly (and I must say, I kinda agree). He also seems to believe that villagers are useless, since soldiers do the same and better (I guess it should be more explicit that farming is faster with females). And he really stresses that.

He says it's technically more like AoE3, gameplay-wise more like AoE1 (in a good way, mostly).

Then he goes on rambling about himself for a while.

He says it's a really good game, but it's good drawbacks. Getting wood and building stuff is slow, so he says the early game is really slow. And he says that not needing barracks is both good and bad, for obvious non-rush reasons. He talks about all buildings. He seemed to have not fully understood the market (apparently he didn't notice you can click on other resources to trade with something else than food.)

Says you need a powerful graphic card.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty favorable review.

@Ludo: moi, du coup. J'suis de Tours, mais en prépa ECS à Paris.

@Ludo: moi, du coup. J'suis de Tours, mais en prépa ECS à Paris.

Ah ! Un français ! :) Yep man, cool. Tu assures en anglais, bravo!

mmmh, i see the two halves inverted (the left side on the right, and the right side on the left). I use Firefox 16 and a resolution of 1366x768, if it matters

Thanks ribez. Better to discuss it in the dedicated thread.

• Silier featured this topic