0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

Thank you pureon! Im just wondering how a Macedonian player gets his units killed off by Gaul horsemen?

Why wouldn't they? Those Gaul horsemen are actually quite good (as alkazar teaches me over and over... :P).

Mostly the reason was I primarily trained ranged units that game, and not nearly enough spearmen to counter quantum's horsemen. Ranged units aren't particularly good against cavalry.

That was a pretty cool tug-of-war of territory displayed. Though through my experience of Age of Kings, I don't ever place my buildings close to a water edge, because the enemy would bombard.

EDIT: All of those Gaul houses were easy pickings too.

Edited by Sighvatr

It was a good match!

Thanks! I'll try to record some more (I finally got some recording software working on my computer).

Jonathan risked the game by not paying attention to the backdooring, but he relied in the power of the rams and that the resources he had gathered were enough to give him the victory. If you just managed to hold the rams at bay, you would've won!

The problem was I didn't have the food to mass melee cavalry (my eco that game, for some reason or another, was pretty poor). My garrisoned forts would probably have taken out enough of his spearmen that he probably wouldn't have been able to counter, so that would have worked quite nicely.

I was a bit slow noticing the raid, it was weak enough that I wasn't too concerned though.

It was a good match! Jonathan risked the game by not paying attention to the backdooring, but he relied in the power of the rams and that the resources he had gathered were enough to give him the victory. If you just managed to hold the rams at bay, you would've won!

The raid wasn't strong enough to do serious damage. It took out about 1/4 of my gatherers which can be replaced pretty fast. By the end of the game I had got back up to more or less full economic strength and the raiders were dead. In a more even battle that would be quite significant though.

The gaulish horses are more effective than you might think, as long as you aren't stupid with them. They take out enemy siege very fast and help a lot with enemy ranged units.

Can we agree to film a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 game sometime early March? I think it would be cool to see how a large game can play out.

I would certainly be up for that, the only problem would be lag. Even if the recording doesn't contribute to the game much, a really laggy game isn't that much fun to watch. :/

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube....h?v=coF9eimJLeU

He has problems winning against the AI.

Someone should tell this guy that he should use his resources to build some more workers.

I can't watch him having 1000+ resources and working on one field with about 6 people.

Very difficult to watch. lol. Though, he does sound like Owen Wilson a little bit. Owen Wilson is playing 0 A.D., guise.

Anyone else noticed how fast the mauryan archers were killed by skirmishers around 15:20 mark?

They don't have any bonuses against each other, so it was strictly stats vs. stats. The skirmisher has a slightly higher attack, so I would expect skirms to win. The benefit for archers is their range. You need them to have a good meat shield so they can stay out of the fight and slaughter from afar. Also, it was initially about 25 skirms vs. 10 archers, and half the time the archers were tasked to retreat (not firing themselves).

Hi, I own the biggest gaming channel in my country (I'm owner, producer and the only uploader), dedicated mostly to Minecraft, but in a last year or so I started uploading other games just to see how well they are accepted and I also tried 0 A.D. today.

The comments were positive, I'll translate some relevant:

"Use take igre kot so AoE , ali EE so mi takoj usec , in pri tej vidim da se bo razvila v zelo dobro igro :)"

I instantly like games similar to AoE or EE and can see this game developed into a very good game

"To tak doro zgleja!!"

This looks so good

"Tole se pa splača pogledat :P"

It is worth checking out

"zakaj nisi spartan"

"Why don't you play as Spartan?

I played as Gaul on Nearest Badlands against Aegis. The video is in Slovene so I will just point out the highlights of my commentary:

1. Easy expanding (Gauls only need wood and meat to train new villagers)

2. Strong buildings and enemies pointlessly trying to destroy them with arrows

3. Different hairstyle depending on level

4. Lack of iron in late-game

5. AI system of prioritizing the targets

And I still don't know how to post video on this forum :(

Edited by Dread_Boy
  • Like 2

• Silier featured this topic