Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-steineschmeisser.jpg.848101b435053d3ad942e0365160502d.jpg

I still don't like that they're called Stone Throwers in some places and go by a different name in others (for example the arsenal, where you build them).

In this case, stone throwers refers to both catapults and onagers. Although there may be other cases where the terminology could be better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

In this case, stone throwers refers to both catapults and onagers. Although there may be other cases where the terminology could be better.

I'm thinking we should just standardize it to "catapult." Onagers are catapults, in the broad sense. "Stone throwers" might be needlessly pedantic and "catapult" is a term most people understand. "Bolt shooters" though seems to be a good term for scorpions and oxybeles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

"Stone throwers" might be needlessly pedantic and "catapult" is a term most people understand.  

This is indeed the modern perception of a catapult (A siege engine that launches stones).

But in antiquity the term catapult was also used to describe bolt shooting engines.

Personally i think stone thrower is a better term since it is more accurate; but still easy to understand.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian

0ad-kurus.jpg.aebffcc020fb28aa2b4d4d032d008b5f.jpg

Clearly the neon glow is a design choice (Kurus isn't the only one with it), but I'm not too happy with it; when I saw the small version in the structure tree I thought the file was damaged. Also what's up with his headgear? Does it only have a small lobe on the right side? I feel his face should be covered in shade and there's too much free space next to his neck.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-kurus.jpg.aebffcc020fb28aa2b4d4d032d008b5f.jpg

Clearly the neon glow is a design choice (Kurus isn't the only one with it), but I'm not too happy with it; when I saw the small version in the structure tree I thought the file was damaged. Also what's up with his headgear? Does it only have a small lobe on the right side? I feel his face should be covered in shade and there's too much free space next to his neck.

hero_cyrus.png

You can tell this one is AI by the look of his hands. jk

• Haha 1