Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

4 minutes ago, Obelix said:

After line 74f. of  ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/civs/pers.json the next Artaxshacha should have had the roman number 3.

I would guess those names are randomized, not taken in the order listed. (There were two Persians in the game, it didn't start with the name at the top of the list.) It would be nice if duplicates were avoided; maybe some old code interferes that adds "II" to a duplicate?

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 11:33 PM, Gurken Khan said:

I think it's currently up to five, wasn't it ten some time ago?

Indeed it's currently up to 5 units-or at least the last 16 months.

Theatres are controlled by ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/template_structure_special_amphitheater.xml which has no GarrisonHolder-tag and refers to template_structure_special.xml in the same folder, setting Garrison-holder to 5 (line 7f.). First file was last changed 2 years, second one 14 months ago.

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-trapezoid.thumb.jpg.d11b710569036148bf756ef0bce1cbd7.jpg

I don't really understand the trapezoid in the minimap. As you can see the marked rabbits are in the top half of my screen while their dots are in the lower half of the trapezoid. (Especially the wabbits can be hard to spot.)

I think that small huntables should have a symbol.This symbol would only be visible if you press TAB.

29 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-nolinein.jpg.410fddb127797abbcf481161cec50f24.jpg

I still think it's necessary that round buildings also get an indicator when the rally point is within itself. (As you can see you cannot see it here.)

Maybe an inverted triangle floating above.

Or a much larger and more obvious flag.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

0ad-mfu.jpg.979284f821dffdcce0b2d2dc302af431.jpg

A trader had an interruption (for reasons I put him briefly in my wonder), and after I told him to resume working he stupidly went back to his birthplace and did nothing. He even remembers his origin and destination market! Why doesn't he work?

We had an issue with traders not resuming properly earlier and I think it was better in the meantime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Hm, don't know about that.

I was thinking about just a line in like every other building has:

0ad-nolinein-linein.jpg.0b40caf79eda6017a78145fd84e93ab9.jpg

But the problem is that it looks like the garrison flag.

And I think that sometimes has confused me and I think is kind a issue.

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-mfu.jpg.979284f821dffdcce0b2d2dc302af431.jpg

A trader had an interruption (for reasons I put him briefly in my wonder), and after I told him to resume working he stupidly went back to his birthplace and did nothing. He even remembers his origin and destination market! Why doesn't he work?

We had an issue with traders not resuming properly earlier and I think it was better in the meantime.

I think it must be   a button to automate the commerce same as call of arms ( the button that automate military  units drip resources in nearest drop site).

The button would work automatically making it search for the best markets to trade with automatically if the trader is stopped.

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

But the problem is that it looks like the garrison flag.

How does a line at the base look like a flag on the top of the roof?

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The button would work automatically making it search for the best markets to trade with automatically if the trader is stopped.

I would be happy if they just resumed trading (like they used to). I also wouldn't trust the stupid AI, like my example earlier in this thread where traders were going through enemy territory.

15 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

How does a line at the base look like a flag on the top of the roof?

I would be happy if they just resumed trading (like they used to). I also wouldn't trust the stupid AI, like my example earlier in this thread where traders were going through enemy territory.

If it is one more means to do it at a time when the enemy did not expand enough.

Or use it when you have a much bigger(territory+space) advantage.

In other words, having it manual is fine, but having an automatic version of the task is also fine because it is an alternative output.