Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

It's a tech you need no?

And which tech would that be? No, normally every temple has a healing aura for own units (you can see the green crosses) and allies. In that game my temple didn't sprinkle happiness on allied units either; I'm certain it's a "Fortress" "quirk". For whatever reasons that map is "special" in a lot of ways.

17 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

and allies

that's not the case for a26, don't know about a27. it would be very strange a map like fortress changed auras behavior, did you test this in other maps?

1 hour ago, alre said:

that's not the case for a26

Are you sure? I'll keep an eye open for it on other maps.

Edit: I guess I stand corrected: my temple doesn't shine on my ally on another map. I could've sworn...

1 hour ago, alre said:

it would be very strange a map like fortress changed auras behavior

It changes decay (I lose my buildings in allied territory), so I wouldn't be surprised by anything on that map.

Edited by Gurken Khan

Are there any plans to fix/improve corral mechanics for a27?

Currently, there are 4 types of animals, but it is impractical to mix them for production. You are forced to produce only goats, only sheep, etc., because units remember only one type. This leads to either locking a lot of food resources during the transition from one type to another and wasting time, or "suffering" from unnecessary micromanagement.

I suggest moving all domestic animals to one group and leaving the original behavior for the others.

• Like 1

It would be even better if all domesticated animals could have a special marker causing own hunters to prefer them regardless of actual species. Then they could start top down (from best to lowest yield animal, searching along the tree of domestic animals possible for that specific civ). 

This solution is probably a bit complicated.

Here is probably one that seems to be easier to implement:

Establish a pasture area element (cost of wood at least due to the fence) with similar size to a field, where a rallye point of animal production can be set. The pasture would have a max capacity of, say 10 domestic animals (any kind), and would keep them within boundaries. Any own hunter would be able  to kill the within boundaries and collect food from the pasture.

3 hours ago, Grautvornix said:

It would be even better if all domesticated animals could have a special marker causing own hunters to prefer them regardless of actual species.

I agree with this part. The rest seems to me like an unnecessary over-complication. Especially regarding the yield: once out of the corral the yield is determined by the gather rates of the used units, so it doesn't matter which animal they go for in which order.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...