-
Posts
1.105 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by fabio
-
This will be in alpha15:http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1922 http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/14286 You may want to update the planes .
-
Accurate "Up-coming List"
fabio replied to DevynCJohnson's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
There is a page on the wiki: GameplayFeatureStatus. However I think it is neither accurate and neither up to date . -
Nice, I'll have a look if the extension get updated before 10.0.
-
A bit OT relating to Android, but mesa has a new extensions for querying features of the rendering devices: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/specs/MESA_query_renderer.spec http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTUwNzc
-
It looks the lobby uses the port 5222 which may be closed in some environments (e.g. the one I am trying it now). Since the server is managed by WFG can another standard common port be used (80/443?)? Eventually 5222 could also be left open (especially if it is intended to be used by other xmpp clients other than the game itself), the game could try connecting to 5222 and, if it fails after a timeout or get a ICMP destination unreachable, try the other port.
-
0 A.D. is already available for arm since Ubuntu 13.10.
-
I agree that while the license compatibility in the game is respected, it is currently lacking precise information on attribution (where the data came from), not only text but also textures, audio and other datas. It was discussed already in the past (e.g. here and here).
-
I think most of what you need could be done, there are already two modern warfare games experimenting with the 0 A.D. engine: http://www.moddb.com/engines/pyrogenesis
- 4 replies
-
- explossions
- pyrogenesis
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
AI Development using Genetic Programming
fabio replied to keithvassallo's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I remember someone in the past wanted to do another experimental AI, using a database to collect and save enemies reactions so to be able to instruct the AI. It was discussed in the forum, but I cannot find the thread link. -
Posting the links of the articles would be more useful than pasting all this huge amount of text . Also copy and pasting may be forbidden by the authors.
-
It looks released now: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mesa/
-
Mesa 9.2.1 was just released: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2013-October/045755.html
-
9.2.1 will be released in days, so it's good news . Dunno however when Arch will include it.
-
Good, this is mesa bug tracker, so you may want to add that the game is 0 A.D.. Also you may add output of: glxinfo | grep OpenGL
-
If you have some time and want to contribute you may want to try a development version of mesa from git (eventually using prebuilt packages, e.g. for Ubuntu see my signature, but you are likely not on Ubuntu?) and / or report the bug here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa so that a developer may have a chanche to fix it.
-
Fixed with updated forum software. HTML5 videos on forum, finally!
-
I wonder if we can sponsor a Blender developer to fix those issues.
-
Security problem and possible solution
fabio replied to pesapower's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I tried using a wrong password, it says the account is blocked for 14 minutes, and indeed it is on that machine (tried with 2 different browsers), but from a different machine it properly logins (supposedly it checks the client IP). So I see no security DoS here. About that why don't you propose it for mainlining it in the upstream project? I am a bit sceptical about using plugins that, being used by few and not well code reviewed, may introduce themself security problems. It happened already in the past. Sometime they were themself backdoors . -
There is a patch planned for next version for that: #643. It does not shows idle workers cont, however, IIRC.
-
Translation French language
fabio replied to Loki72's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
It's already being done, see: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17397 http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/67 -
Translation French language
fabio replied to Loki72's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Loki72, you should add your translation to the ongoing work here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0-ad-unofficial/ -
Translation [Discussion] Localization (again)
fabio replied to RedFox's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I used launchpad and poedit in the past, and before also the good old vim . I'll try for a while transifex, hopefully I'll seriously start next days with a real computer (a tablet is not great for translating ), thanks. -
Translation [Discussion] Localization (again)
fabio replied to RedFox's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Subscribed myself for Italian. I never used transited, seems a nice tool. -
Dune 2 - The father of all RTS
fabio replied to fabio's topic in Introductions & Off-Topic Discussion
Dune 2 now is also available on Android!
