-
Who's Online 2 Members, 2 Anonymous, 1.365 Guests (See full list)
-
Topics
-
Posts
-
Well, I recommend you to read what has been previously discussed (the last couple of messages for example). I think @guerringuerrin agreed on making a PR on redefining difficulty levels, but I forgot what's the status of this (I think something else was mentioned, but can't remember right now, anyway some PRs take quite some time). Some people have made nice progress with the AI lately, so I'm optimistic that "cheating" and difficulty inconsistency will be addressed at some point.
-
You can access it here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354233527_Veiling_in_Ancient_Near_Eastern_Legal_Contexts (haven't read it).
-
Puedes compartir las fuentes que digan de qué período y material son?
-
By Hexereticdoom · Posted
Well, I hadn't intended to participate in this thread, but given the frustrating skirmishes I've experienced lately, I feel compelled to do so... I suppose something like this has probably been mentioned before, but I need to say it anyway... In my opinion, the AI is severely unbalanced in the current version 28. It makes no sense that in some matches enemy civilizations put up hardly any resistance and are a pushover to defeat, while at other times they spread like ants and churn out a swarming army so quickly that you don't have time to recruit defensive units. Especially when you're playing on Easy mode - which isn't exactly easy, at least in certain situations and depending on whether the game itself decides to be a total @#$% or not... And if you play in teams with AI allies, it’s a total toss-up: you might get pro civilizations on your side that build a strong economy and fight effectively, or on the other hand, become complete incompetent AI players who can't even gather basic resources on time... I remember perfectly well that the old version 23 also suffered from this problem; in certain situations, it seemed as though the CPU was cheating somehow, managing to amass massive armies that would focus-fire on you far too early and leave you crippled for the rest of the match... Then after version 24 and subsequent versions, up to the penultimate version 27, that behavior was rectified; you could very rarely lose a match on Easy mode - the one I usually play. But as soon as the current version 28 came out, things went to hell - back again to the same annoying behavior, and I’d even say this time become worse than ever... The thing is, if you want a real challenge, it should only be available on the highest difficulty levels - from medium on up. You just choose it, right? But it makes absolutely no sense that, even when deliberately choosing to play Easy mode - simply to have fun and a good time- there are matches where the enemies become like a darn army of indestructible soldiers that obliterate your city like a magnitude 9 earthquake. This unfunny lack of moderation can overwhelm and frustrate the amateurish player, and even lead to rage-quitting, consign the game to oblivion, or ultimately, uninstall it from the PC for good... It is just a pity that such a beautiful and entertaining game gets ruined by this aspect, so I believe the developers should lower the bar again for the lower difficulty levels in the next release... -
By Ultimate Aurelian · Posted
For Irish trumpet player unit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dord_(instrument)#/media/File:Corno_in_bronzo,_da_loughnashade,_co._di_armagh,_I_secolo_ac._01.jpg Reproduction:
-
