0 A.D. Community Map
What is this?
The Community Map is a scenario project crowdsourced from the 0 A.D. community. It is intended to show off everyone's design talents and let the community collaborate. It is based on a concept that used to exist in the AoMH community. To get an idea of how this works, here's a Photobucket album of a past community map: http://s797.beta.pho...een314.jpg.html
Alright, I wanna do it!
To sign up, post your email address below (or PM it to me, you know, for spam prevention) and I'll add your username to the list of Future Designers below. When you're number one on that list, I'll email the most recent version to you. This will ensure that no one is doing duplicate work.
- Please contribute in one of the areas designated. You don't have to go in any particular order, but try to paint inside the lines.
- If you are doing an area that is adjacent to a finished block, try to connect it in some way to the areas before it.
- You can delete a few trees, change the edges of the terrain, and other such small things to make your area blend in with the surrounding areas, just make sure you don't significantly change or do anything to damage other peoples' work. If you cause significant damage to another person's work and can't fix it, you will have to re-download the version of the map that I sent you and start over. When you blend areas, make sure there is a proper transition. Don't have a desert immediately cut off at the edge of a mountain or have an ocean suddenly end with a forest.
- Don't change the size of the map.
- Feel free to change player colors, although be careful about how it will affect other people's work.
- Save your map as "eyecandymap[YOURNAME].pmp" - this way I can keep track of each version of the map easily.
You can sign up again as many times as you like, but only after you have finished your turn that you are currently signed up for.
It doesn't have to be much, but if you really think "I'm too busy right now, skip me", then I'll move you one place down on the list and send it to the new number one. When you're done or when your time is up, you have to send the map back to me, and I will send it to the new number one on the list.
If you send it to me and there is something inappropriate or against the rules on it I will ask you to change it or in the case that it is inappropriate your version will be deleted and you will no longer be able to participate.
My email is kimball.r@meESPN.com without the name of the sports news network in italics.
I'll update the full map screenshot each time someone makes a contribution. That's basically it! Have fun, and post/PM your email address so we can get this thing started.
If you have any comments or questions, just post them in this thread. I'll be sure to respond.