[R26312] Units randomly gets stuck in a move-attack loop

Purgator_

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

How did that mess start?

IIRC ordered 2 groups of around 200 units to move-attack through the map. If you can see the hill near looped units, then there was enemy tower (before it was destroyed). Units were triggered by the tower (because of terrain height bonus) and most likely tried to move around the hill and capture the tower.
The recording is made some time after the tower is destroyed, but since the loop was going on forever, I wanted to record it so you can investigate :)

My guess (without watching the replay):
They see the farm (foundation?) on top of that hill and decide to go for it (since they attack-move). The shortest route is back, so they go back. When they have taken two steps back, they don't see the field anymore so continue on their attack-move journey. But that brings them into sight of that farmfield again.

But as I said, I haven't watched the replay, so the structure might just be yours. ;) (If it is indeed belongs to the enemy, one can try watching the replay and at some point in this "mess" use the development panel (<Alt>+D by default) to switch players and delete the field.)