[Feature Request] Rally point on storehouse lets worker start working

seeh

happy to recognized that if workers behave as if the moment they were finished build of a storehouse/farm, workers starts working immediately getting resources :happy:.

if i set Rally point onto a already build storehouse they don't do like so :boredom: => nice feature to let workers start working immediately getting resources? :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by seeh
  • Like 2

• Stan` changed the title to [Feature Request] Rally point on storehouse lets worker start working
5 hours ago, seeh said:

happy to recognized that if workers behave as if the moment they were finished build of a storehouse/farm, workers starts working immediately getting resources :happy:.

if i set Rally point onto a already build storehouse they don't do like so :boredom: => nice feature to let workers start working immediately getting resources? :i-m_so_happy:

FYI You can basically already do this by setting the rally point on the res itself. Setting it to a storehouse would be more inexact(I.e. should the unit go to the stone, metal or wood that is close to the storehouse)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

FYI You can basically already do this by setting the rally point on the res itself. Setting it to a storehouse would be more inexact(I.e. should the unit go to the stone, metal or wood that is close to the storehouse)

It's different, because then the units do exactly what they would do if they would just have constructed the building. Nice feature

Btw if I build a storehouse in a ring of trees the units will go all to the same tree and not to trees which are close to them instead of the storehouse. Thats a bit suboptimal

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

Btw if I build a storehouse in a ring of trees the units will go all to the same tree and not to trees which are close to them instead of the storehouse. Thats a bit suboptimal

Yeah, seems the tree on the other side is always the hottest, even if they have to squeeze by other trees to get there.

0ad-farthestnearesttree.thumb.jpg.0dc826d7167a2d462a50adc118e4b25c.jpg

0ad-gototheback.jpg.971219cb84caf89a5f60f0174db05d41.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrstgtr said:

FYI You can basically already do this by setting the rally point on the res itself.

yes sure, ty. everybody know this already i bet. from cc to trees i set always many many rally points to different trees.

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, Player of 0AD said:

It's different, because then the units do exactly what they would do if they would just have constructed the building. Nice feature

I'm aware it's different. But that difference is worse because you aren't actually controlling where they go/controlling your eco. Early game it it particularly problematic with women going onto mines.