Why does nothing have 0 armor?

ChronA

12 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I tried to change the armour value to 0, and suddenly all of the template files were reported to be invalid. I guess the problem lies in the maths behind it. 

However, I can attempt to change the value to 0.0001, which would be close enough to 0

Nice catch, good job.

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

I actually played a game with everything having 0 armour. It was an absolute disaster; my rams got killed by arrows from the civic centre. All of my pikemen died after marching past a few defence towers. Enemy spearmen are taken out in 1 hit, and archers pose a serious threat to any siege. So this is a very very bad idea. 

Please don't change anything. 

I think we were saying with these 2 >>>>> female gatherers and animals armor

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Ok sorry guys I misinterpreted your request. I will just take armour off women and animals then. That probably won't make a difference. 

the error was mine, I must be clear, the suggestion was not from the first post, but in the derived conversations.

2 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Sorry guys my school messed up our exams so we have to re-sit them. I won't be available until Friday evening UK time, but by then I would be liberated from the school so I can get onto SVN and TG. 

good luck

• 4 months later...

Some animals should have 0 armor.

Buffalo hides are thick. Elephant also, I guess some deers do also have quite thick skin.

Also, loom should probably give women back their 1 armor.

Armor level of women could be a civilization trait, too (with reasonable levels) : thick clothes do protect quite well.

Edited by LienRag