Making my own template for buildings.

Lion.Kanzen

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I am going to design the final version of this.

I lost the original.

the photo of this is a kind of water supply in a town 64 km from the capital.

This is exactly a "naciente".

It is exactly my concept of water supply, since it is in a rural area, with almost no industrial technology, primitively molded by human beings, at most stones and concrete, wood, The rest is all natural and caused by mountain water.

image.png.3a6fcc4a9c7ff5ab6e2ef3f098b03cd7.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

800px-Tomeza%2C_Pontevedra-Lavadoiro.jpg

An abreuvoir is a watering trough, fountain, or other installed basin: originally intended to provide humans and/or animals at a rural or urban watering place with fresh drinking water

A watering trough (or artificial watering point) is a man-made or natural receptacle intended to provide drinking water to animals, livestock on farms or ranches or wild animals.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

now that I am home I will show you the photos. at least from water sources, for rural consumption.

this is a "nascent" or "naciente" technically this Wikipedia translates as.

this would be an aquifer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(hydrology).

A spring may be the result of karst topography where surface water has infiltrated the Earth's surface (recharge area), becoming part of the area groundwater. The groundwater then travels through a network of cracks and fissures—openings ranging from intergranular spaces to large caves. The water eventually emerges from below the surface, in the form of a karst spring.

The forcing of the spring to the surface can be the result of a confined aquifer in which the recharge area of the spring water table rests at a higher elevation than that of the outlet. Spring water forced to the surface by elevated sources are artesian wells. This is possible even if the outlet is in the form of a 300-foot-deep (91 m) cave. In this case the cave is used like a hose by the higher elevated recharge area of groundwater to exit through the lower elevation opening.

IMG_20211030_115244711.thumb.jpg.c516ce08b660feb8da4263e1fde4281f.jpgIMG_20211030_115046896.thumb.jpg.a6619ee7d47f12582a6008eb5c0f7ede.jpg

IMG_20211030_114931582.jpg

IMG_20211030_114909734.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • yeah, actually is a good idea! I was thinking how I could do something about it.

The only thing is : beyond some experimentations, I have pretty much zero experience, so I would appreciate some backing from people who have more knowledge either in coding and 3d modeling. 

But is a nice thing! I'll keep in mind and think some ideas to propose, in case :)

@Radiotraining

this post will help you. if you don't know how to do something, just look at the templates, I know it's hard for an artist to make templates.

it is pure code, any modder will explain you how to add new things to your template.

the first thing you should know is that there are 2 types of files.
those that define the art and those that define the simulation of the object.

• Like 1

this post will help you. if you don't know how to do something, just look at the templates, I know it's hard for an artist to make templates.

it is pure code, any modder will explain you how to add new things to your template.

the first thing you should know is that there are 2 types of files.
those that define the art and those that define the simulation of the object.

Hey, thanks!!

Yes, actually I managed to understand the basics here. If you go to my github (Here: https://github.com/stereotipo/millenniumad), I managed to:

- create a new civ

- create new customized buildings

- add new/updated assets to the existing civs

- add a special building with customized behaviour + extra techs

I'm still at the beginning, but I got a general idea of the basic work. Mostly I simply copied pieces of code from existing projects, but I'm far from knowing how to properly code for example. Or troubleshoot some errors I may find. 

So yeah, I can maybe explain some of the basics and the logic behind. But only that. After that, for anything more complex, you'll find me here in the forum asking questions around! ehehe :D

ps: btw thanks!! I was missing this thread here! Very useful as well!

Edited by Radiotraining

image.png.abf394953bfdf016923015885d0b6586.png

You should already be familiar with this.

0 AD\binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\templates\structures

the buildings are in the structures folder.

image.png.fe73d505c45162e69c9b988c14431e41.png

folders are by initial faction names throughout the game.

the names are not complete.
instead of persians the folder is pers the first four letters of the name.

image.png.13194ac67c6c83c51671f9c9981451d1.png

For example, the Apadana building is a special building, each faction has a minimum of 2.

image.png.8e94629b063a183933597c0e15d27c0f.png

the entity parent is template_structure_special. (notice xml extension is omitted in the name).

that means that most of the entity code belongs to that file.

this is the directory:

\0 AD\binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\templates

image.png.8ff9bde1807617365057b3eca7de9328.png

it all depends on what building you want to create.

• Thanks 1

Awesome!! :)

Great explanation!! We could definitely think to make it more easily available for everybody else!

Since I'm working on the Millenium AD mod I can think to create some documentation from the work and the stuff I'm progressively learning!

I think that some clear explanation of the file structure like this, could be very, very helpful to whoever wants to take a look into modding :) 

5 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Awesome!! :)

Great explanation!! We could definitely think to make it more easily available for everybody else!

Since I'm working on the Millenium AD mod I can think to create some documentation from the work and the stuff I'm progressively learning!

I think that some clear explanation of the file structure like this, could be very, very helpful to whoever wants to take a look into modding :) 

in this case always compare the parents with their versions of each faction.