Buildings portrait process and little theory

First I publish my methodology of work, can be useful for less experienced in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_methodology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_methods

1. Brainstorming
Spoiler

Vesta.gif

Design methodology stresses the use of brainstorming to encourage innovative ideas and collaborative thinking to work through each proposed idea and arrive at the best solution. Meeting the needs and wants of the end user is the most critical concern(Like niektb).

2 Research

Design methodology also employs basic research methods, such as analysis and testing.

• Divergence – Exploring possibilities and constraints of inherited situations by applying critical thinking through qualitative and quantitative research methods to create new understanding (problem space) toward better design solutions.
  • Sustainability – Managing the process of exploring (Alternatives like niektb or other suggested), redefining and prototyping of design solutions continually over time.
  • Articulation - the visual relationship between the parts and the whole.(means the rest of icons and building icons)

• The benefits of their original work has been abstracted many times over; but in today's design environment, several of their main ideas have been integrated into contemporary design methods:

• Emphasis on the user
      • Use of basic research methods to validate convictions with fact
      • Use of brainstorming and other related means to break mental patterns and precedent
      • Increased collaborative nature of design with other disciplines.

3.Layout and Sketches

Spoiler

320px-Concept-design-2.jpg

A graphic designer may use sketches to explore multiple or complex ideas quickly without the distractions and complications of software.  Hand-rendered comps are often used to get approval for an idea execution before a designer invests time to produce finished visuals on a computer or in paste-up. The same thumbnail sketches or rough drafts on paper may be used to rapidly refine and produce the idea on the computer in a hybrid process. This hybrid process is especially useful in logo design where a software learning curve may detract from a creative thought process. The traditional-design/computer-production hybrid process may be used for freeing one's creativity in page layout or image development as well. In the early days of computer publishing, many "traditional" graphic designers relied on computer-savvy production artists to produce their ideas from sketches, without needing to learn the computer skills themselves.

4. Digitalization or Redefine Sketch

Spoiler

4M476bJ.png

Mice are not very precise for drawing, so a graphics tablet is an important tool for a digital illustrator, because it allows the user to make a mark easily in any direction, in a way that reflects the natural or "lively" line made by the human hand. In addition to flexibility of movement, an industry-standard digital drawing tablet has a pressure-sensitive surface, allowing the illustrator to make marks that vary from faint to bold, and from thin to broad. These variations mimic traditional wet and dry media. Drawing on a digital drawing tablet starts to feel natural after about a week of practice. A hybrid graphics tablet/screen might be helpful, since the artist can see more accurately where to place strokes in the image, but the hardware is currently much more expensive.

Vector Style

With vector-based tools, the content is stored digitally as resolution-independent mathematical formulae describing lines (open paths), shapes (closed paths), and color fills, strokes or gradients. Vector paths are constructed of anchor points and path segments by using the pointing device to click and drag. Drawing tools typically create precise lines, shapes and patterns with well-defined edges and are superb for working with complex constructions such as maps and typography. Digital illustrations may include both raster and vector graphics in the same work. A bitmap image file may be saved in a format which embeds a layer of vector information, and vector image file may include imported bitmap images.

Important Facts About Design Methodology

oSotYzb.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

so try again... from beginning.

Brainstorming and Research...

option A.

220px-Chief_Vestal.jpg

Vesta Virgin

B

XkjZdAZ.png

Vesta Symbol

C

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/Denario_di_quinto_cassio_longino_con_il_tempio_di_vesta.jpg/220px-Denario_di_quinto_cassio_longino_con_il_tempio_di_vesta.jpg

Vesta Coin based in 0AD art (example Civic Center icon)

D

olIf70m.png

Based image in a screenshot and work over the building.

Who was Vesta?

Vesta is the goddess of the hearth at the centre of atrium and home. It was in the house and home that Vesta was most important because she was the goddess of the hearth and of fire. Vesta is particularly important to women of the household as the hearth was the place where food was prepared and next to it the meal was eaten with offerings being thrown into the fire to seek the future from the way it burned. The degree of the importance of Vesta and the hearth in Roman times carries on into modern English, where the word focus (Latin for hearth) continues to be used in a variety of ways, both scientifically and metaphorically, that although differing from the original meaning, still carry a sense of focussing or concentration on something of importance

Importance of Temple

The Temple of Vesta (Latin Aedes Vestae, Italian Tempio di Vesta) is an ancient edifice in Rome, Italy, located in the Roman Forum near the Regia and the House of the Vestal Virgins. The temple's most recognizable feature is its circular footprint. Since the worship of Vesta began in private homes, the architecture seems to be a reminder of its history. The extant temple used Greek architecture with Corinthian columns, marble, and a central cella. The remaining structure indicates that there were twenty Corinthian columns built on a podium fifteen meters in diameter. The roof probably had a vent at the apex to allow smoke release.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Ok, because that will me disappointed. Why the way... Who make the originals? I think Pureons only perfection those.

the first time when in saw , I haven't doubt the inspiration.

because we put that photoshop images  as place holder to substitute for an artistic high level in our mods. But this official version.

I will make a pool. I discard the last. The coin but... Redefined as building can be nice like CC icon only pure form matters.

8 minutes ago, Garaf said:

@Lion.Kanzen  Keep in mind also that in the assessments:

https://sites.google.com/site/famigliaomo20/i-lari-e-i-penati

There is the English translation after the Italian.

You read my mind this is that I was imaginated.

this is similar to the coin, but... With color and straight  shapes.

Penates
The Penates are spiritual beings of the Roman Religion, similar to the guardian angels of Christianity.
You can also say that not only comes from the Latin penus but may also depend on the fact that the Penates, penitus resided in the innermost part of the house, where there was food.
Each family had its own Penates, which were transmitted in the same way as heritage assets. The sacrifice to the Penates could have daily or occasional basis.
The consuls, on assuming his office or put in, were obliged to celebrate a sacrifice in honor of the Penates Lavinium public. The public worship of the Penates was related to that of Vesta.
To these deities there was a temple on the Palatine, where they were represented as two young people sitting.

This about research step. Even can be a special tech.

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

No, because for Roman is not exactly the same, Roman  Vesta is more I,portent and have differences. But the fire is a common characteristic in the art and iconography.

may be that the key. But I need a good example of that ( must be Roman a accurate)

hmm .. here some more information. (You can select the translation ;))
  before going to bed a little skim image ... if I find something ...

The seventh image of this article inspires me.
change: white tunic, red background, blacks hair with highlights of orange light, and grate in oxidized copper.
Is beautiful even the text of the article a bit romantic style

it's late ... goodnight ;)

Edited by Garaf
maybe find

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...