Delenda Est: An overhaul mod for 0 A.D.

wowgetoffyourcellphone

I played some 1v1 on the mod vs players of about equal strength. What i noticed is that coin is too easy to get, so spamming ultra fast producing mercenearies seems the go to strategy. The "log" rams are very ez to kill. Positives are imo that the "counter system" seems to work well. Also it is ofc intresting to check out new civs, have a difference between eco and military and tech tree decisions which leads to more intresting decision making. Games take quite long. I have experienced desync a few times in lategame. When rejoining desync will occur again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarcusAureliu#s said:

What i noticed is that coin is too easy to get, so spamming ultra fast producing mercenearies seems the go to strategy

I honestly wondered if this was the case. I might make some adjustments to coin trickle rates.

The "log" rams are very ez to kill.

I can look into it. What do they need, do you think?

I have experienced desync a few times in lategame. When rejoining desync will occur again. 

Alpha 26 version or Github? Thanks 

9 hours ago, zozio32 said:

I tried it yesterday, single player mod, on very easy just to see the mechanics and be able to explore the concept without real challenge.

It is great!   I do like to coin and glory resource, it is nice to have the stall to "extend" the market, nice feature to have the priest worshipping at the statue. Tha additional units and tech are a nice addition, and specally the fact that you can't do them all, there is a choice, and they are not only "good"

Thank you! Glad you liked it. Have you done any more testing? Run into any problems or imbalances? 

more hp/armour could be an option, they are cheap but take pop space, so if u spam many it means u got smaller army so disadvantage if a fight has to be won first. I think maybe they could be available early in game to give a unique option to the civs that use them, like an early game advantage in exchange for a late game disadvantage

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Alpha 26 version or Github? Thanks 

Alpha 26

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Thank you! Glad you liked it. Have you done any more testing? Run into any problems or imbalances? 

no, no time to paly at all since the first try the other night.  I'll let you know here if I notice something, or have new suggestions

• Like 1

Hi, played again yesterday. Medium AI this time, but indeed it does not offer a challenge. It seems that it can't follow the new tech, or even how to make field.

That's maybe on element that could be easily sorted:   get the build field from the citizen menu, not the farmstead menu.   this way the AI will not lack food to quickly! And I don't think it will change the gameplay in any way.

Otherwise, small bug at the end, I can't see the plots and summary, system can't find some elements here.

And yes, at least in this set up, the coing and glory resource are not a real constraint, and trickle rates should be reduced.

32 minutes ago, zozio32 said:

Hi, played again yesterday. Medium AI this time, but indeed it does not offer a challenge. It seems that it can't follow the new tech, or even how to make field.

That's maybe on element that could be easily sorted:   get the build field from the citizen menu, not the farmstead menu.   this way the AI will not lack food to quickly! And I don't think it will change the gameplay in any way.

Otherwise, small bug at the end, I can't see the plots and summary, system can't find some elements here.

And yes, at least in this set up, the coing and glory resource are not a real constraint, and trickle rates should be reduced.

Issues addressed: 

Fields buildable by AI again:  https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/commit/faf3e47d599575bf4765855237fa58cc27ba2bbd#diff-189eb76bd8789cc65add6a147fe41706e37e19d34d54560656cb92cbda212676R18

Coin trickle: https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/commit/1072528cffca5a86969f597d5124f4b7694ee713

Glory loot and trickle: https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/commit/4d38d243b2cb231783688e1617ab7012887315ce

5 hours ago, zozio32 said:

I am on Linux, Ubuntu 22.04.  there is another thread about issue to get the latest dev on Linux, so i may just mod the files from the base a26 Delenda Est mod

That post was referring to a rolling-release package on Arch, so you should not be affected by it if you are on Ubuntu. Was something about libxml.

See here for 0 A.D. build instructions. I am also using dev version of 0ad + DE and there is many nice improvements and fixes compared to A26. Definitive recommendation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sternstaub said:

Just found out that the javs and swords at roman army camp do not stack with the ones from barracks in the menues when put into the same control group.

image.png.31d637e5d7d6ee32063ab2cd995dd10a.png

The units trained from the army camp are rank 2/advanced which means they have better fighting stats but are slower in resource collection. They don't stack because, even though they are the same unit, because of the different rank, they have a different set of stats. I got confused by this in the past too.

Edited by Vantha
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sternstaub said:

That post was referring to a rolling-release package on Arch, so you should not be affected by it if you are on Ubuntu. Was something about libxml.

See here for 0 A.D. build instructions. I am also using dev version of 0ad + DE and there is many nice improvements and fixes compared to A26. Definitive recommendation.

good, i'll try that

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sternstaub said:

Just found out that the javs and swords at roman army camp do not stack with the ones from barracks in the menues when put into the same control group.

image.png.31d637e5d7d6ee32063ab2cd995dd10a.png

12 hours ago, Vantha said:

The units trained from the army camp are rank 2/advanced which means they have better fighting stats but are slower in resource collection. They don't stack because, even though they are the same unit, because of the different rank, they have a different set of stats. I got confused by this in the past too.

I'll look into it. Probably is the SelectionGroup.

well, I am not there yet:

==== Building mocks_real (release) ====
Creating obj/mocks_real_Release
mocks_real.cpp
Linking mocks_real
==== Building network (release) ====
Creating obj/network_Release
precompiled.h
In file included from ../../../source/lib/precompiled.h:109,
                 from ../../../source/pch/network/precompiled.h:19:
../../../source/ps/CLogger.h:22:10: fatal error: fmt/printf.h: No such file or directory
   22 | #include <fmt/printf.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

3 minutes ago, zozio32 said:

well, I am not there yet:

See here:

On 09/12/2020 at 8:20 AM, OptimusShepard said:

You need to install "libfmt-dev". The build instructions were updated a few days ago.

Maybe you should check the other dependencies too.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

You could try that

Edited by sternstaub

well, alpha 27 works now.  In the list of dependencies for linux, the "python" package was not available anymore, I had to replace it by "python-is-python3" instead.    All good after that. Not sure if the webpage with the build instruction should be modified

Now i need to go back up the thread and get delenda-est working

Edit: all good now, delenda-est 27 is installed, I'll try it later

Edited by zozio32
  • Like 2

well, indeed, the alpha 0.27 D.E is quite nice. the new portrait are an improvement, the coin and glory balance is better.

I had not noticed the possibility to put ranged units on the wall before, is it new to a0.27? or it is a D.E element. No bug whatsoever in the game. My son tried to play the large Egyptian map, works fine. Thumbs up altogether

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well, indeed, the alpha 0.27 D.E is quite nice. the new portrait are an improvement, the coin and glory balance is better.

Thanks! Still working on it.

I had not noticed the possibility to put ranged units on the wall before, is it new to a0.27? or it is a D.E element. No bug whatsoever in the game. My son tried to play the large Egyptian map, works fine. Thumbs up altogether

Placing units on wall battlements has been in the game for a few years now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...