===[COMMITTED]=== Seleucid Structures

LordGood

My major critique of your buildings is you make roofs bendy like a kids game (AOEO). Try to match style of other civs mang. :) Other than that your directions is good. For the dock, maybe put a trading ship and some upturned fishing boats? Blacksmith could have less of a wall, since others aren't so blocked off from the outside world. The corral is super good (probably the 1 or 2 building where a bendy roof is justified, is more rustic). 

I have no problem with the "temple" style in the back of the dock. Look at the Athens shipsheds in Piraeus (they use pseudo-temple style). Maybe these columns can be wooden versions of the ionic column.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

I was using the Greek docks as examples, they have their ordered columns supporting the roof over the bays. I wanted to keep it open enough for a breeze, and so the dockyard workers have room to move around. Perhaps using piers instead of columns?

The bendy roofs aren't a choice borne of style either, rural buildings' roofs sag, I'd imagine tiled roofs especially. Those are extremes I've already set with the farmstead, they shouldn't get any saggier than that.

12 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I was using the Greek docks as examples, they have their ordered columns supporting the roof over the bays. I wanted to keep it open enough for a breeze, and so the dockyard workers have room to move around. Perhaps using piers instead of columns?

The bendy roofs aren't a choice borne of style either, rural buildings' roofs sag, I'd imagine tiled roofs especially. Those are extremes I've already set with the farmstead, they shouldn't get any saggier than that.

Using motif from Greek dock is good idea. No problem with that since Greek dock look like it get ideas from Piraeus ship shed.

The bendy roofs are fine for rural building. I jusy see it elsewhere in the set too which made me think you made stylistic choice for whole set.

2 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Lordgood, will you keep the temple-like building for the dock? Personally, I like it...It gives a sense of luxury/refinement fitting the hellenistic period...

If you put attention to the concept is more like that, the market and dock are equivalent one by land one by sea but the dock is equivalent for barrack to...but in the sea.

that you guys called temple style sometimes is know as peristyle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peristyle