niektb

I believe a viking man had several wifes and slaves and therefore many people lived together in these longhouses.

Personally I would give the civ center a stone foundation, but not the barracks.

I also remember something about them setting up trading posts on foreign soil from where they would trade with natives. Boats would arrive with cargo at these storehouses, minimising the amount of money that went to outsiders. Maybe there is a way we can depict this in gameplay?

Edited by idanwin

What footprint size do you currently use?

I hadn't decided about the Civic center yet, but I was thinking of the following:

Merging the CC with the fortress, the final building being called: The Jarl's Hold.

Here is what it looks like compaired to other buildings

1391158584-screenshot0026.png

Longhouse

type: house, building

specials: trains female citizen + axeman, resource dropsite for food and wood, additional garrison slots, small ranged attack, additional pop cap bonus, more expensive, build-limit.

"Throughout the Norse lands, people lived in longhouses (langhús), which were typically 5 to 7 meters wide (16 to 23 feet) and anywhere from 15 to 75 meters long (50 to 250 feet), depending on the wealth and social position of the owner. In much of the Norse region, the longhouses were built around wooden frames on simple stone footings. Walls were constructed of planks, of logs, or of wattle and daub."

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/daily_living/text/longhouse.htm

References:

St%C3%B6ng_Viking_Longhouse.jpg

You can see one in the picture above.

Good.

Should we brighten the door's texture?

If not, let's turn to the props then.

The civic center have a size 4x4 we need calculation how space we have to put the props. If you are a Viking what kind stuff put in a palace yard.

################################################################################

I found this one a settlement scheme.

gzpeWDd.png

And this building.

qKwxClO.png

mY6Vnyu.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen