niektb

Here's a good website on viking turf houses: http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/daily_living/text/Turf_Houses.htm

I really want to see some houses with grass on top of it (animated grass preferably)

Maybe I will do some, I'd like to be part of the 0AD team first =)

Also, I have a lot of stuff to finish

- Fountains

- Gladiators

- Stone Pillar

- Rotary Mill

- Mines/Carry

- Moai

- Iberian Barracks ( Enrique will make something from scratch)

• Like 2

Maybe I will do some, I'd like to be part of the 0AD team first =)

Also, I have a lot of stuff to finish

- Fountains

- Gladiators

- Stone Pillar

- Rotary Mill

- Mines/Carry

- Moai

- Iberian Barracks ( Enrique will make something from scratch)

When you will part of them, you can have time to contribute to mods.because all task are priority. Is like to married :) .

By the way , we can create special map, a Northamerican Biome.

RhRFhQal.jpg

See in left corner Vinland.

Vinland was the name given to an area of North America by Norse Vikings, discovered by Norseman Leif Eirikson, reputedly the first European planter to see the New World.

Archaeology has given support to the long-held theory that old Norse sagas show Vikings reached North America c. 1000, approximately five centuries prior to the voyages of Christopher Columbus in 1492.[1] In 1960 archaeological evidence of the only known Norse settlement[2] in North America (outside of Greenland) was found at L'Anse aux Meadows on the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland. This proved conclusively the Vikings' pre-Columbian discovery of North America. Recent archaeological studies suggest that this site is not the Vinland of the Norse accounts in its entirety but was the entrance to a larger region called Vinland by the Norse.[3][4]

Before the archaeologists made their discoveries Vinland was the subject of many stories, legends and fantasies which date to about 1300 AD. The legends have been analyzed to explore how medieval people conceptualized their world.[5]

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

When you will part of them, you can have time to contribute to mods.because all task are priority. Is like to married :) .

By the way , we can create special map, a Northamerican Biome.

RhRFhQal.jpg

See in left corner Vinland.

Vinland was the name given to an area of North America by Norse Vikings, discovered by Norseman Leif Eirikson, reputedly the first European planter to see the New World.

Archaeology has given support to the long-held theory that old Norse sagas show Vikings reached North America c. 1000, approximately five centuries prior to the voyages of Christopher Columbus in 1492.[1] In 1960 archaeological evidence of the only known Norse settlement[2] in North America (outside of Greenland) was found at L'Anse aux Meadows on the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland. This proved conclusively the Vikings' pre-Columbian discovery of North America. Recent archaeological studies suggest that this site is not the Vinland of the Norse accounts in its entirety but was the entrance to a larger region called Vinland by the Norse.[3][4]

Before the archaeologists made their discoveries Vinland was the subject of many stories, legends and fantasies which date to about 1300 AD. The legends have been analyzed to explore how medieval people conceptualized their world.[5]

I will have time, because i stop when I feel i need to bump my head into a wall, and making fountains, and tree is really quick.

Sorry for some the reason the model UVS didn't import correctly in blender and I had a hard time going around. I don't know how to enable player colors could someone explain to me ?

About importing: did you read these?

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17542&p=273078

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16654&page=2#entry253448

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Basic3DImplementation

About player color:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><actor version="1">  <castshadow/>  <float/>  <group>    <variant frequency="1" name="Longboat">      <mesh>structural/viking_longboat.dae</mesh>      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/arrow_front.xml" attachpoint="projectile"/>        <prop actor="props/structures/viking/longboat_sail.xml" attachpoint="root"/>      </props>      <textures><texture file="structural/viking_longboat.png" name="baseTex"/></textures>    </variant>  </group>  <material>player_trans.xml</material></actor>

This is an example of a actor file. Note below the line which states : <material>player_trans.xml</material> That line should be included to make sure that the alpha channel is turned to the player color.

Leif Eirikson's saga: the Skálholt map (1570):

Sk%C3%A1lholt-Karte.png

Grønland ('green land / land of pasture'= Groenland)

Helluland ('land of flat stones/slabs' = Baffin island)
Markland ('forest land' = Labrador)
Skrælinge Land ('land of the savages' = Southern Labrador or St Lawrence Bay)
Promontorium Vinlandiæ (the foreland of Vinland=Newfoundland)

Vinland (proper) ('land of the vine' or 'fertile land'*= all the coasts beyond Newfoundland: Cap Breton, southern continental New Scotland, northern New England (Fundy Bay))**

*: Although Vi-in (long 'i') means 'vine' in old Norsk, some historian see it as a "biblical-like" invention by saga writers (who were scholars) because 'Vin' (short 'i') means 'meadow' (or 'fertile'), a more obvious candidate (and it exists in Saxon and High German where it means 'fertile'). Problem is that 'Vin' was seemingly already obsolete in Norway around 1000 A.D. and it never appears elsewhere in old Icelandic. So maybe, Leif really found wild vine in Cap Breton, such as vitis riparia (shore-vine).

**: Archaeological evidences still to be found, but Bay St Lawrence in Cap Breton is a candidate for the Viking camp.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Skálholt-Karte.png

Edited by Rodmar
  • Like 2

Darkened the texture like lion suggested. It should look better now.

1390942314-screenshot0015.png
Now I see may need a contrast between walls and roof.

The walls need be to the black/dark brown wood to bright and roff can be more gray. Or have a special effect in roof Enrique know this is called AO map.

GHY957F.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Like this ?

1390944597-screenshot0016.png

The textures of wood that are not roof can be less satured and more bright, you know a contrast between roof and wall.

The roff can be dark or bright and the walls can be opposed to this. If the roof is dark the walls can be bright. Know I can see the roff can be have more grey, it's hard say. I turn on my PC and I can do a photomontage.

rSUR5EH.png

ok you need a sample of a color that you need or a color base to give to them. now you can do two path get a new one(recommended) or make a new one.

c7avDO0.jpg

00tA0KH.jpg?1

now the roof its good but the walls are too red. that its the problem, the wall androof are very similar color, wee need make new one.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

If you look all models in 0.A.D most of the cultures have a contrast Romans have Saturated(not over) roof and bright desaturated wall, greek have same but more dark wall, Celt have Yellow roof and gray wall. and Eastern are less Contrast(Carthaginian, Ptolemy and Persian) beteween roof and walls. and Mauryan have both.

now how do it this for a game (RTS) where the light its same for all players.

J1Jp5bS.jpg?1

Again roof brigth, walls darkerand more saturated.

I suggest A new texture for roof because its tiles roof. and if you see the top(of roof) have less color than low

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Longhouse

type: house, building

specials: trains female citizen + axeman, resource dropsite for food and wood, additional garrison slots, small ranged attack, additional pop cap bonus, more expensive, build-limit.

"Throughout the Norse lands, people lived in longhouses (langhús), which were typically 5 to 7 meters wide (16 to 23 feet) and anywhere from 15 to 75 meters long (50 to 250 feet), depending on the wealth and social position of the owner. In much of the Norse region, the longhouses were built around wooden frames on simple stone footings. Walls were constructed of planks, of logs, or of wattle and daub."

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/daily_living/text/longhouse.htm

References:

oct%2018%20viking%20longhouse%202.JPG

I was using this, so i didn't think about a tile texture but if you want one, will be easy to fix.