Underated (Vanilla) Hotkeys

Atrik

I was wondering why so little players use theses hotkeys in vanilla game. I find them very useful.
"Call to arms"
Type: Movement modifier hotkey
=> All selected military units individually find the nearest drop-site to deposit resources then will make a attack-move on clicked location.

"Attack Move (Unit Only)"
Type: Movement modifier hotkey
=> Will ignore capturing buildings on path to clicked location. I use this as default attack-move (Ctrl) instead.

Underrated?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DerekO said:

Question, How can I have 30 Foot-Companion accompanies with 20  Black Cloacks and 50 Skirmishers and still loose a fight?

If someone has 80  skirms and 20 pikemen and they snipe your ranged units then they will win. Citizen skirms do more damage than champion melee units, so even melee damage from champions can be ignored to some extent.

another simpler possibility is they could have had a better army, or more upgrades.

On 30/06/2023 at 8:21 PM, Atrik said:

What do you mean? :o

Pathing and targeting algorithms.

OAD puzzle: kill 100 spear inf bunched together with two sword cav. Use atlas to try, the 100 aren't controlled by a player. Two sword cavs so most peoples micro skills should be able to pull it off.

• Confused 1

On 06/07/2023 at 12:44 PM, hyperion said:

Pathing and targeting algorithms.

OAD puzzle: kill 100 spear inf bunched together with two sword cav. Use atlas to try, the 100 aren't controlled by a player. Two sword cavs so most peoples micro skills should be able to pull it off.

using one as bait and the other one to do damage? I'm not sure how easy that would be.

in games, I don't see H being that useful as you describe it, if the other player is not being totally passive, but it sure is useful. 

On 30/06/2023 at 8:24 PM, Atrik said:

Can you explain this :sweatdrop:? Uses and name please?

it's called "include offscreen" if I don't go wrong, and by default it's not assigned. you may hold that key (I bound it to space) and double click a unit or a building to select all of your units of that kind in the whole map.

• Thanks 1

btw I don't like call to arms. it makes your units act a bit too unpredictably. Some units may attack sooner than others depending on their current resource load and position. the drop resource thing is cool, but I'd like it more if they just moved instead of attack-move.

3 hours ago, alre said:

I'd like it more if they just moved instead of attack-move

I agree, also would be better if you could choose to still make the attack-move by holding the two keys in the same time instead (call to arm and attack-move).

• Like 1