Improved Farming Animation / Mauryan Palace

Gurken Khan

4 hours ago, Sun Wukong said:

I have an idea - just rename the palace to "Royal garden".

It will be just like in the Majesty.

Reveal hidden contents

0f31352017219646f8e1b1735377f4e87c9ae25161790cd76e65dfcc2e85b2c2.jpg.84de8b984cef7b537a961fde7e94c75a.jpg

Mauryan gardens

Mauryan civilisation, under the rule of Ashoka (269-232 BC), converted to Buddhism and built religious structures in stone. Stupas representing Buddha's tomb, were placed in fenced enclosures. The Mauryan's also built palaces and there is a Greek description (by Megasthenes) of a palace set amongst gardens at Patna. It had open halls and wooden columns The Hindu scriptures (shastras) set down a code for the orientation and organisation of buildings in relation to compass points, hills, water and plants. This art (vastu - Sanskrit for nature ) travelled to China, along with Buddhism, and developed into the Chinese art of feng shui. Enclosed outdoor space, in the form of courtyards, became intrinsic to India housing. Town dwellings (haveli), also in mud, had rooms grouped round a courtyard. No old palace buildings survive but rock carvings (eg at Sanchi and Ajanta) show them to have been airy structures with timber columns. They compares with the construction of Persepolis and there was cultural contact between the Mauryan and Achaemenid (Persian) civilisations. The illustrations at Ajanta (see Michell, G The royal palaces of India p.69) show plants in front of and behind the platform and columns. Michell comments that 'outside the palaces are gardens with fruit trees inhabited by birds as well as ponds with ducks and fish'. [See note on Buddhist gardens.

https://www.gardenvisit.com/history_theory/garden_landscape_design_articles/west_asia/indian_garden_hindu_buddhist

3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

They already use the exact same animation. Please explain.

I mean for the animation to include walking to different points. But that food is still taken constantly. 
Oh but I guess a huge problem with that would be that the unit is too far from the actor. XD that would be bad.

8 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I mean for the animation to include walking to different points. But that food is still taken constantly. 
Oh but I guess a huge problem with that would be that the unit is too far from the actor. XD that would be bad.

Ideally, it should function as a group of resources like a grove of trees.

Theoretically, this should be the case, as a group of resources in the same entity.

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

Ideally, it should function as a group of resources like a grove of trees.

Theoretically, this should be the case, as a group of resources in the same entity.

What about overlap? there are five villagers working the same field not just one, if points are chosen at random I could see a fair amount of "bumping" taking place as villagers try to take occupied points on the field. 

Just now, Sun Wukong said:

Ok, then draw a palace if you don't like the garden.<_<

There is a process and a way of proceeding that is called methodology.

We have our methods to preserve order.

First you find the problem, then you discuss how to solve it (this is very important for transparency issues).

The discussion part is important before making a decision, and the decision does not go through you.