Improved Farming Animation / Mauryan Palace

Gurken Khan

18 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The textures are already exquisite.

I am not criticizing quality, but it is necessary to look for ones that give a palace sensation, the problem also goes through the model (meshe).

People already nicknamed it bus station.

It would be good to create a new model with the references.

The proportions you gave are fine for the size.

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Point is, just because one guy has a problem with it doesn't mean an entire building needs redesigned.

You know well that the building was not designed to be a palace.

Ideally, you should use the references to create a new one.

It would be with your basic idea but with the necessary finishes.

The garden is fine.

I honestly don't see why it shouldn't be considered a new palace. No matter who does it.

12 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Point is, just because one guy has a problem with it doesn't mean an entire building needs redesigned.

This is because almost no one knows about this game.
11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

No, but the references were the same. 

Is it possible to stretch this texture and make the palace more massive? Have you ever seen a palace as thick as four women? Of course, there is another option - to rename the Palace into a Garrison.

Garrison_H3.png.05d5f5b8ecdcaafbb07a7910d3d93d7f.png

Edited by Sun Wukong

As I understand it, devs did not teach the AI to use the priests and Chinese ministers are not walking around the construction sites and enter the building at the moments of improvement. And it looks like you haven't even enlarged the order bar. And of course there are no arrows that reset the player's color, position in the list and settings to default. And it is especially sad that the peasants work in one point of the field.

Edited by Sun Wukong

You are not even correct about the things you want to hate on:

30 minutes ago, Sun Wukong said:

And it is especially sad that the peasants work in one point of the field.

This is factually wrong and proves you have strangely little experience with 0ad compared to the amount of demands you make. That is comical, especially since you said this:

39 minutes ago, Sun Wukong said:

This is because almost no one knows about this game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

This is factually wrong and proves you have strangely little experience with 0ad compared to the amount of demands you make. That is comical, especially since you said this:

I now see with my own eyes that the peasant units do not walk around the field as in the Age of Empires 2, which sometimes creates traffic jams in the presence of narrow passages, as the peasants come to the warehouse to hand over food and immediately start digging in the same place.

In addition, for some reason I cannot capture other people's buildings with military units. Is this also a new innovation?

18 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Its just the most efficient distance, not always the same spot.

I don't understand what you are talking about. I see how the peasants take one optimal position and no longer leave one place.

Spoiler

screenshot0001.png.67b87eb70a6eaa4441018c800cce20cb.png

Don't you think that in the Age of Empires 2 and 3, the random movement of peasants around the field "enlivened the landscape" of the game?

Spoiler

Edited by Sun Wukong

13 hours ago, Sun Wukong said:

Don't you think that in the Age of Empires 2 and 3, the random movement of peasants around the field "enlivened the landscape" of the game?

I agree that the game should have this. In AOE2, the "random" movement of the farmers is actually not random, just looks that way to the player. There are 4 designated positions on the farm field and the farmer moves between those positions after gathering 20% of its food capacity, then at 100% it goes and drops off the food at the dropsite. Then the farmer randomly chooses one of the 4 positions and the cycle begins again. It looks random enough to the player to keep it from looking monotonous. It's too late for A27 though.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I agree that the game should have this. In AOE2, the "random" movement of the farmers is actually not random, just looks that way to the player. There are 4 designated positions on the farm field and the farmer moves between those positions after gathering 20% of its food capacity, then at 100% it goes and drops off the food at the dropsite. Then the farmer randomly chooses one of the 4 positions and the cycle begins again. It looks random enough to the player to keep it from looking monotonous. It's too late for A27 though.

I have a video of that movement.

The farm is divided into 9 points in aoe II.

Screenshot_20230520-173322.png.961b0e6b96a25812093521f1a1123daa.png

The villager collects first 1/4 of what he can carry at the first point and so on 2/4...3/4..4/4

These points are randomly defined

Screenshot_20230520-173408.png.c587a439fe743a65ba9c0fc362cb8f36.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hmm, yeah, I forgot about that. Dunno, we'd have to think about it.

I think since we have large fields and slower units farming, spreading out with points (like aoe2) would not work very well.

Maybe it would be fine to allow resources to accrue even if the unit is 'walking'. in that case, it would be sensible to use a farming animation, where workers could select 1 of three or five of these animations. However, that sounds like plenty of trouble.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Maybe it would be fine to allow resources to accrue even if the unit is 'walking'. in that case, it would be sensible to use a farming animation, where workers could select 1 of three or five of these animations. However, that sounds like plenty of trouble.

I think you just overcomplicated it. I don't see why there'd need to be multiple farming animations, or even if there was why that'd be a lot of trouble...? 

42 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

well if 5 farmers all take the exact same animation during farming, that looks even more strange than staying in the same spot.

But they would not be completely synchronized.

The only thing I would like is for them to move, it occurs to me that they could work as if they were multiple fruit bushes, i.e. a farm should be like multiple food resources in one.

Only it should regenerate again after harvest.

In Delenda Est there are already groups of trees that are a single entity. And they are worked individually.

The difference is that the farm is not exhausted.

It is complicated to keep it infinite and to make it work well.

I don't know if it can be tested that way.

In mythology they are also infinite, the difference is that our farms are for multiple units.