Sign in to follow this  
Black Op

How'd You Find Wfg?

I believe I was trying to look up any info on The Last Alliance (in LOTR) when I found the link to WFG's TLA. Either that or I was broswing the AOKHeaven Fourms looking for LOTR Mods when I found my way over here. So does anyone here old or new have a better memory than I and remembers how they stumbled here?

I found out when the team was founded, I was already known to some of the members then. When RAW was being developed I contacted Wijit for some help with a chariot mod I was making, not sure if he can remember it B) He extracted the slps from AoE for me, I did the modding. It was pretty crappy, I seem to recall. :)

I found it in a very strange way... accidentally one might say.

I discovered WFG on an italian computer magazine!!!

For more details (and there are many), read my interview as soon as it will be ready (it should be soon, it was completed some days ago).

:)

(Shameless self-promotion is a constant, here, Stuart B))

I don't really remember, it was when TLA was started. well it wasn't called that yet I don't think. I was probably searching for Middle Earth computer games.

Oh gosh! I think I saw Joseph going on it one time and I decided to join. It's like this with about 70% of the forums I join (I thought you'd like me to finally admit it, Joseph. Lol.).

AoK -> AoM -> Google -> AoMH -> Community Forums thingies -> TLA -> WFG -> Lurker -> Register -> Post a bunch -> Fun -> Apply -> 0 A.D. staff -> More Fun

Short version: I saw a link about TLA in AoMH, lurked for a bit, registered, and... here I am now. :shrug:

A few years ago I was browsing the AoKH forums and came across an old modpack project called 0ad. I couldnt find any information about whether or not it was completed, so I tried some websites- first under Wildfire Studios (the original name for WFG), then Wildfire Games. So imagine my surprise to discover that 0ad was a full, freeware game.

Edited by Caesar

Well

I actually searched for a middle earth mod for empire earth, or was it empires? Dont really remember, i was searching for a mod, and someone recommended that i'd pay a visit to TLA. So i did, found its forum, and registered. And added the forums to favourites ...

I cant really recall.... have you guys changed forums a couple of times? It has not always been like this have it ? :)

We've upgraded a couple of times and changed stuff around. I remember back when it was the HeavenGames-style forum system (ugh, I hate that software) before we upgraded to IPB :)

I heard about Josef_Bugman's LotR mod at AoKH, then I started posting in the project's thread and also in 0ad's forum, which was still a mod. Back in the old HG forums.

Edited by Sukkit

I found this place after seeing some mods for Aom, I am pretty cure it was either Cheezy's or DNA's.

Edited by SGE