Age of Empires definitive edition [remaster]

Why yes, i will be listening to this on loop for the next week

I still love the original, even the clunky impassable farms and 2x2 towers made space management a real satisfying part of base building when done right.

And dealing with the mirror towers during the siege of Syracuse campaign mission? hah, nostalgia

• Like 1

The video is really accurate. My experiences with Microsoft support have been amazing but some of the problems Microsoft products/billing has can be frustrating... you wonder why it happens in the first place.

It's also confusing that is has to be so exclusive right down to Windows 10 and Creator's Build update specifically. Windows Store exclusive? OK, I'm fine with that but they should be providing options to purchase it for Mac, Linux and not require Creator's for Windows 10 PCs.

It seems like you're really hurting the market for this game before you even get started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Andrettin said:

The tooltips when hovering over units/buildings seem a bit annoying IMO. They should probably contain just the name of the unit and its owner, rather than all that information. It even contains the unit's cost, which is useless in that circumstance.

I think that you can disable them in the options menu (seen it in the ign video)

On 9/9/2017 at 4:33 AM, Andrettin said:

The tooltips when hovering over units/buildings seem a bit annoying IMO. They should probably contain just the name of the unit and its owner, rather than all that information. It even contains the unit's cost, which is useless in that circumstance.

Yeah, the in-world tooltips look annoying. I don't mind in-world tooltips, but only in certain circumstances. UI tooltips are good and useful though.

- The studio grew too big. It had always employed around 40 people, and those 40 were a close-knit team. But as the years progressed, staff numbers swelled to around 75, meaning that much of that strong feeling was diluted.

- Two major projects the company were working on - one the Halo MMO - were canned by Microsoft. Yet after they were canned, Ensemble didn't downsize, which would have increased overhead and may have contributed to Microsoft's decision to let the studio go.

You know what it sounds like to us? This is like when you see a couple who have been married for 20-30 years get divorced, and there wasn't any one thing you could blame. Nobody slept around, nobody hit anybody, they just...grew apart. Weren't as right for each other as they once were.

There doesn't always have to be a reason.

source:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693374/Live-Blog-DICE-2009---Bruce-Shelley-Ensemble-Studios-Post-Mortem.html

and

https://kotaku.com/5157029/so-why-did-ensemble-studios-close-up

About why they close after make many of  best RTS of History.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen