Questions Regarding Future Factions

Gyrion

Loose Criteria: Faction must be from a Civilization in its Classical Peak (500 B.C. - A.D. 500).

Since we're here, it's interesting to note that the Greek Factions are divided among City States, and the Celtic Factions are similarly separated by geography.

The rest of the factions are based on a nation's ruling dynasty/empire. I mean, they didn't divide Rome (or maybe Italy for that matter). If you're going to add a Roman Faction, go DE mode: Roman Kingdom, Roman Republic, Roman Empire... or should we? Can we have an Western Roman and Byzantine Factions?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LordGood said:

The short answer is no for vanilla 0 A.D., Empires Ascendant. The modding community is quite strong though, which is what the previous comments are eluding to.

I think the current vanilla list is adequate. I do strongly suggest that the game include a mod like Terra Magna with the official release to illustrate the modding power of the game, while at the same time including more civs for players to tool around with. Also, perhaps include a mod that is a lot different too, like maybe something that radically changes the game, like some kind of small Battle of Waterloo mod with gunpowder units, or even something more radical like a monsters mod that adds trainable myth monsters to each of the civs' Temples. 

• Like 3