I almost forgot!

Woohoo, today I'm exactly one year at WFG!

I want to thank all forumers for making this a great place so I can waste my spare time here at the fora. :P

And I want to thank all the guardians too, for their great contribution to this nice little and neat community!

So lets hope the best for next year, in which I hopefully can beta-test 0AD. :)

Neat, I remember when you first joined. :P

Oh man, I was so dumb then. I thought I could really make 3D models :) (which I obviously couldn't, but Wijit turned me down very nicely :P )

Congrats!

Urgh. I forgot to celebrate mine.

Thanks Dnas. Well then celebrate it together with your 2 year anniversary. :P

I thought I could really make 3D models  (which I obviously couldn't, but Wijit turned me down very nicely  )

Theres nothing stopping you from working on that ;)

About a year and a half ago I too wanted in on this amazing project but I didn't really have any immediate skills that could be applied to the game. I was lucky and got in under the premise of "scenario design" or something like that :P but what I really was interesting was was 3d art. I knew next to nothing about it when I first joined, but I practiced for many months and made alot of garbage when things finally started, literally, taking shape. Whats more is I'm still learning every day I work on this project even though some people mistake me for proffesional (Look at the trees, a majority of the flora, all the terrains and the romans in 0AD [plus more comming soon :P] ) The real proffesional though is Wijitmaker, I can only follow in his footsteps... ;)

Find an inspiration and work towards it, before you know it you'll be doing things that not long ago you thought were impossible. My inspiration is the many talents and hardwork put forth by every member of the WFG Team, particularly Ken's, Stuart's and Jason's. The knowledge that there is someone out there working just as hard as me if not much harder striving for the same goal is what keeps me going.

(By the way... is anyone interested in rants/stories like these? We could do some dev articles for the site - we've been searching arround for good subjects...grrr :P )

and I want to thank all the guardians too, for their great contribution to this nice little and neat community!

Indeed it is, everyone here should be proud to be part of this unique corner of the internet. Most of us comming from a common background at HG - this trully fits the terminology "Gamers making Games for Gamers". Its a unique thing, the development of this game being so integrated with the community. We have alot of fun with our liberty to be able to interact with our fans. Its just the right ammount for us to be able to pay attention and interact with each of you individually. Unfortunately as we aproach the release of the game I'm sure we're going to get alot of popularity and alot more forumers, great though that may be you'll probably see less of us on the forums since there won't be enough time for us to interact with all of them.

Don't think your time here (so early in the development of the game) is wasted. When time comes for beta (Maybe even alpha), the oldest and loyal members of the community will be the first to get to play the game, as its their input that will be most valued.

So enjoy the "nice little neat community" we have while it lasts, if you're still sticking arround 2 years from now you will have earned much respect and awe from everyone else having been in this community since the roots of this project ;) Its something to look forward to.

Theres nothing stopping you from working on that ;)

About a year and a half ago I too wanted in on this amazing project but I didn't really have any immediate skills that could be applied to the game. I was lucky and got in under the premise of "scenario design" or something like that ;) but what I really was interesting was was 3d art. I knew next to nothing about it when I first joined, but I practiced for many months and made alot of garbage when things finally started, literally, taking shape. Whats more is I'm still learning every day I work on this project even though some people mistake me for proffesional (Look at the trees, a majority of the flora, all the terrains and the romans in 0AD [plus more comming soon :P] ) The real proffesional though is Wijitmaker, I can only follow in his footsteps... ;)

Haha, from us three, Tim was the only one that was immediately helpful to WFG. Its awesome you've been able to stick around. Lol, I remember when you first started modelling...i still have that "crystal" animation you did on my PC. CheeZy's my hero...well, a person to look up to at least.

I enjoyed it, dev articles along these lines would be cool. Always nice to hear of the history.

CheeZy nice story, I know I should keep working on my skills, but at the moment I'm first trying to get my drawing skills up. Which is also pretty important if you want to design something in 3D, of course you have concept artists, but I don't, for whatever I want to do. ;) But thanks for the supportive reply. And yes, also I would be interested in articles following this line. ;)