Add possibility to preset stance for newly built units

Dear developers and community,

Is it possible to add a feature to preset a stance for all newly created units of a type?

E.g. I would like to have all priests coming newly trained out of a temple (or even already trained and garrisoned priests from any building) automatically set to "aggressive" (because else, they usually flee from the enemy when attacked, leaving their comrades alone, which for me does not make so much sense).

Another example: I would like to train horse riders with a rally point farther away, but they should not attack the enemy when spotting them; however, they do, because by default, the stance is set to aggressive.

In general, flexibility about the stance of newly trained units could be nice, as one would not need to always go back to them, changing their stance as soon as they appear (newly trained or/and ungarissoned).

What are your thoughts about this?

PS in relation to this:

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ceres said:

E.g. I would like to have all priests coming newly trained out of a temple (or even already trained and garrisoned priests from any building) automatically set to "aggressive" (because else, they usually flee from the enemy when attacked, leaving their comrades alone, which for me does not make so much sense).

But they also flee in 'aggressive' stance? I think that really needs to be changed. The only stance they're not fleeing is standground, which means you have to micro them if you want them to do their job, healing.

I have issues with defensive stance, too. If for example I want units to build sth and not do some random attacking afterwards, I'd put them on defensive; but instead of just hanging around the building they're running back to some former position. I guess it's supposed to be where they were when I gave the order, but the behavior seems inconsistent; if I don't want them to run back I have to give additional orders or avoid defensive stance...

Thanks for your feedback. As expected, different people have different wishes. ;)  This might speak even more for a possibility to pre-select a stance. However, I have no clue if this is possible programatically and what balancing advisors think about this. Any caveats? And what exactly should we pre-select a stance for: a whole group of unit, e.g. priests, i.e. all priests - from any temple - would have that stance, or only to the unit that is trained in a specific place, e.g. that one temple? What about e.g. barracks that can train different types of units? Would all units get the same stance pre-selected, or should it be possible to give the different types different stances? Would it be e.g. possible to train a single unit (or a batch, if batched) with the stance that is currently shown for it? (right know, I don't know if that is shown at all in that situation) More comments are very welcome! :)

Good point - thank you. This needs more thoughts (of deemed necessary at all).

@Stan`
Should I have posted (also) this topic rather there?

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/51306-thread-for-posting-suggestions-for-alpha-26/page/2/

If yes, would you mind that you move it there? Thanks and (again) sorry for the trouble.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1