Thread for posting suggestions for Alpha 26

m7600

3 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

However, I don't think  it is necessary to ban all communications because it is in one's best interest to not reveal anything about the locations of your team, so it obviously won't happen.  Even in TGs now you never see players telling their enemy where they are, unless they want to trash talk each other into resigning or bait the enemy's rush troops into a trap. Both of these are valid social engineering strategies in my opinion. 

Yea, I was actually thinking about it and I'm on agreement with this.

3 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

However, you can still identify people by their build order, civ and base layout etc

True, which makes scouting more powerful and more important.  Currently, all scouts are used to do is to determine who is where and who is border.  If @chrstgtr is my border I may dig in to extend game if other side has advantage.  If other side doesn't have advantage I may rush chrstgtr, pray a little before the rush, and tell pocket to get fast siege through his base.

I'd really like it if games were not played based on "player names/rank" but were more random/anonymous with strategies vs players.

Just now, Dizaka said:

Added benefit, no reason to smurf as games would be the same irrelevant of username.

Would it be like a matchmaking system?-I could see this for 1v1s that are ranked.

or just a mixer option for individual hosts?- maybe fun for full "lottery" game.

Usually I like knowing who I am playing against, especially for 4v4s

14 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Would it be like a matchmaking system?-I could see this for 1v1s that are ranked.

or just a mixer option for individual hosts?- maybe fun for full "lottery" game.

Usually I like knowing who I am playing against, especially for 4v4s

Was thinking more of a matchmaking system.  Basically, currently you have a "normal" matchmaking system where everything is "Overt."  The "Anonymous Games" has only one step that is overt - team balancing.  Ingame name and ingame civ, at the minimum, are covert to the enemy and observers while overt to the teammates.

Edited by Dizaka

for the A26 it would be nice to change the iberian marvel, for fort els vilars
also add heavy skirmisher soliferrum to the ibers
the Macedonians should have a siege unit in phase 2. 
athenians and spartans should have champions in phase 2, especially for sparta. 
wonders should have more than one technology, it would be better than technologies related to civs.
mercenaries should be able to collect resources or be created very fast in 2 or 3 seconds. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soloooy0 said:

for the A26 it would be nice to change the iberian marvel, for fort els vilars

Yes, I agree with this. But you need a 3d modeler that wants to make that wonder. I would do it myself, but I currently have no incentive to do it. For example, I made 90% of Philip's Palace (Macedonian Wonder) and the replies that I got were basically: "hey, can you finish it? Please? Pretty please?". Not one person said "hey, you know what, I don't know anything about Blender, but I'm willing to help you out, in fact I'll look at some tutorials and see if I finish the remaining 10%".

So... nice idea about For els Vilars. Who is going to make the model?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, m7600 said:

Yes, I agree with this. But you need a 3d modeler that wants to make that wonder. I would do it myself, but I currently have no incentive to do it. For example, I made 90% of Philip's Palace (Macedonian Wonder) and the replies that I got were basically: "hey, can you finish it? Please? Pretty please?". Not one person said "hey, you know what, I don't know anything about Blender, but I'm willing to help you out, in fact I'll look at some tutorials and see if I finish the remaining 10%".

So... nice idea about For els Vilars. Who is going to make the model?

I can't help much at the moment, I work from 10 to 12h a day T.T. 

• 2 weeks later...

Add a flash on the minimap when a building has produced units.

The sound notification is nice, but when I collect buildings over half of the map, I then usually have to search what building where has produced something. Ideally it would flash at the end of the sound so I have time to look at the minimap; doesn't have to be a massive flash, but a bit more than a single blink when you're under attack.

• Like 2

Hi, I have noticed a few things that we could improve on after playing on Tom 0AD's stream:

1. Please mow India's grass. The India biome of Mainland has tall grass that is a bit too tall for convenience; small bushes or trees could hide under the grass, making the player miss the most efficient tree to gather from and ruin their building plans because they cannot see the stump. Both I and duck... were frustrated at the end of the game because there were many instances where we struggled to place down a house on a large, seemingly empty grassland. In the mean time, sometimes we cannot see the fields or foundations that we placed down, which decreases our efficiency.

2. Add a hotkey or flare for our hero. In my game against Tom, I couldn't find Cleopatra after training her... perhaps it is just my stupidity but having a way to quickly locate our hero would be a huge bonus. 

3. Decrease the canopy size of trees on Nubia and Savanna. The huge overlapping canopy covers up our units and storehouse under them, and since the actual tree trunk is much smaller, players often mis-click and their units would often stand idle instead of chopping on the trees. 

• Like 1

@Stan` No. ;)

I think for the most part you would ignore it. It's not about the bread & butter units while you're operating within your village/base, but about your extended military like champs when you already control a larger portion of the map. The connection to the sounds will let you know whether you have to look at the minimap ro not.

@KKaslana 1. I agree the India grass is ridiculous.

2. Double-clicking on the hero icon on the top left will select the hero and center on it.

3. I agree the canopy size goes to the ridiculous as well.

• Like 2

I've noticed a lot of a25 games are really laggy compared to previous alphas. It seems to work well in smaller TGs (e.g. 1v1s and 2v2s). But worse in bigger games (e.g. 4v4). I assume this is the result of improved graphics (which are great looking btw) in a25 compared to previous alphas. Is there any way this can be improved? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freagarach said:

The lag is mainly due to the pace of the game. People get to high pop earlier and high pop _still_ is a problem.

I'm talking early, like right away. This is different than a23. I haven't played that many games yet, though so it could just be bad luck (I played a few games today for example that were fine). We'll see