Faction idea: Koreans (Silla, Gojoseon,Goguryeo)

Lion.Kanzen

20181204_164644-696x462.png.fb72f7f1f6fa51fc7ea8ec61f9b3c964.png

The Korean people have been skilled at not only standard archery but also horseback archery ever since ancient times. Mural paintings of hunting scenes at ancient Goguryeo Kingdom tombs feature hunters on horseback, and archery was one of the mandatory categories in the civil service examination in both Goryeo and Joseon Dynasties.

martial arts masterships1.jpg

martial arts masterships3.jpg

07dc57973eaa4148c30e08dc5ab19802.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

502e21df2320cb1af8a20de1491d2d73.jpg.920c0d0cedbce50a3506d4b3f470a835.jpg

The Gaema Musa 개마무사, or "Warrior of the Kaema Plateau" were the elite warriors of the ancient Korean kingdom of Goguryeo.

707670210_CCUG-1.thumb.jpg.793a13be8befa07999658ee60d0e3ec8.jpg

They were some of the heaviest cataphracts to be fielded by a Far Eastern polity, with both the rider and the horse completely encased in heavy armor. Goguryeo was the most militarily dominant of the Korean kingdoms and its cavalry were the vanguard of many conquests.

Aside from their deadly prowess, the Goguryeo cavalry were also distinguished by the elaborate plumes attached to their horse's flank armor: a tradition that bore much similarity to the 寄生 "Jisheng" (Lit. "Parasite") used by the cavalry of the northern Chinese dynasties and the Xianbei nomadic peoples. The plumes of the Gaema Musa varied greatly from each horse, ranging from billowing folds of silk banners to a collection of multicolored snapping pennons.

987294011_KAEMA_Jindynasty.jpg.6a00823115f666faca070e5d254b5674.jpg

Goguryeo (고구려; 高句麗; [ko.ɡu.ɾjʌ]; 37 BC[a]–668 AD), also called Goryeo (고려; 高麗; [ko.ɾjʌ]), was a Korean kingdom.

https://dragonsarmory.blogspot.com/2018/12/goguryeo-cataphract-korean-heavy-cavalry.html?m=1

korea-52q.thumb.jpg.5acea1e4894dfa42e5175d43c5d82c45.jpg

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/5681/were-there-samurai-equivalents-in-korea-or-china

Those who wanted to fight became musa and just killed or simply payed back. But there was "Gaema Budae", "Gemma Squad" or Chulgap busae. These were squads of warriors who were fully armored in the strongest metal armor and even their horses were fully armored.

Chulgap was made with small plates of metal about inch x 2 inch large that were stitched together like fish scales. This made the armor lot more flexible unlike plate armors used by rest of the world, it was very light like leather but stronger than plate armors. Armors made with plates like used in china and rest of the world can be pierced by strong Metal tip arrow but chulgap was nearly impossible. All goguryeo armors were made in fish scale style. Later other parts of world did the same.

Studies found out Korea was first to use this style of advanced armors which were one of lightest and strongest. Also their shoes were embedded with spikes on the bottom to kick and stab enemies who were too close while fighting on horse. This was also found to be first invented in Korea. Yes there were other armies who were fully armored head to toe in other parts of world but not like goguryeo. Also GGR was one of if not the first to fully armor their horses since the bc times.

There were monks who learned to fight (like Shaolin) but studied secret Korean martial arts strictly for quickest killing silent as possible. They had the simplest armor that only covered the most vital area to increase their speed. One way their were called were JoEuiSunIn. When country was in trouble they worked as mercenaries. They weren't part of any body of government nor any army but them selves. They would sneak into enemy territories and burn their supplies and murder the leaders.

In Korea warrior classes were more separated by style of martial arts they studied than creating whole new class like Japan. There were many more martial arts in Korea than just tae kwon do hapkido taekyun etc.

jack-huang-2009052809383356.jpg.c104a791f8a38fefeb3d550c8de4f1a9.jpg

jack-huang-5ae649ba4b004ef9d3d0554a2a363e39.jpg.1220ec72e472a7062d3bd594341d1e02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It should be pointed out that Goguryeo is not equal to the Korean Peninsula, because the core of this country is Liaodong and Jilin regions, and its successor regimes are Balhae, Jurchen, and Manchuria, and the Korean Peninsula is a branch of this country.

7 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

我发现很难了解亚洲的历史。

欢迎任何建议。 我不是亚洲专家,只是古代文化的爱好者。

In fact, it is difficult to equate the history of civilizations in ancient countries with the history of modern countries, because some ancient countries have perished, and some ancient countries have multiple successors.

32 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

顺便说一下,我想回顾一下我的匈奴派系。 根据我阅读的内容,我对当前版本进行了调整。

I've played Xiongnu on Terra Magna Mod, do you have any new ideas that are different from it?

Edited by AIEND

3 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I've played Huns on Terra Magna Mod, do you have any new ideas that are different from it?

I have time not to test the mod, as no one reports changes.

I don't know who other than Yekaterina is in charge of the mods.At least update them. Maybe lopess or wow...

The last time I played a mod was in A23 era.

11 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I've played Huns on Terra Magna Mod, do you have any new ideas that are different from it?

I think the idea was to portray separately the Xiongnu that faced the Han dynasty and the Huns that faced the Roman empire 2 and 3 centuries later. Since the Huns seem to have been a part of larger confederacy, including Sarmatian and Germanic people.

9 分钟前,Genava55 说:

I think the idea was to portray separately the Xiongnu that faced the Han dynasty and the Huns that faced the Roman empire 2 and 3 centuries later. Since the Huns seem to have been a part of larger confederacy, including Sarmatian and Germanic people.

We generally don't think Xiongnu has much to do with the Huns who appeared in Europe.

There was an error in my translation software just now.

Edited by AIEND

22 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

我有时间不测试 mod,因为没有人报告更改。

我不知道除了叶卡捷琳娜之外还有谁负责这些模组。至少更新它们。 可能是乱七八糟或哇...

我上一次玩模组是在 A23 时代。

This mod is very popular on A23, Chinese people especially like the old rivals of Han Dynasty and Xiongnu, but in terms of balance, Xiongnu is still weak, to be honest it needs some new designs, such as the corral can Automatically train sheep or cows instead of manually.

9 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

nomad Playstyle 需要许多功能。

畜栏。

移动防御,如推车编队堡垒。

xion_fortress.png.e4deedd4224e41adf24453392795c718.png.96b18f8d14d7dfbe15f620d508b63c5d.thumb.png.96230db5a51b7c103b9746f131832d94.png

While I'm not sure if Xiongnu's carriage was like that, was this carriage-enclosed camp used to replace the fort?

11 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

nomad Playstyle 需要许多功能。

畜栏。

移动防御,如推车编队堡垒。

xion_fortress.png.e4deedd4224e41adf24453392795c718.png.96b18f8d14d7dfbe15f620d508b63c5d.thumb.png.96230db5a51b7c103b9746f131832d94.png

I think another important problem is that Xiongnu archers only use bows and arrows, and their very powerful mounted archers in reality are obviously not strong enough in the game. I hope the patch of Parthian tactics can be added as soon as possible.