Bronze Age Germanics?

Andrettin

Found some stuff, you decide whether it's credible (for lack of a better word) or not.

BZHUelsen_02.JPG?itok=tvE_XarV

http://openarchaeology.info/institutional-members/bronzezeithof-uelsen-de Apparently interior of Germanic Bronze age farmstead.

langhaus2.JPG

Longhouse Germanic Bronze age interior. http://lostfort.blogspot.com/2014/10/more-time-travel-tours.html For some reason the site goes on to describe the Murus Gallicus, so I'm not sure whether the above image is meant to be Celtic or Germanic.

Edit: The latter one is probably correct, because it also describes Roman camps and Saxon longhouses. However it refers to the Bronze age one (image above) as Germanic.

Openarchaeology.info (the website of the first one) is a good site for searching those things, but the house seems to be Celtic (and I found nothing mentioning the first one to be Germanic). The house seems to be based on findings in Germany; during the Bronze Age, there were "Germanics" only in Scandinavia, the territory of modern Germany was inhabited by Celts or people speaking pre-Celtic Indo-European dialects.

Oerlinghausen (of which the second link talks about) is also in Germany, and thus probably also based on Celtic findings for the Bronze Age.

The "Germanic" bronze age structures can be found pretty much only in Denmark and southern Sweden.

Edited by Andrettin

Openarchaeology.info (the website of the first one) is a good site for searching those things, but the house seems to be Celtic (and I found nothing mentioning the first one to be Germanic). The house seems to be based on findings in Germany; during the Bronze Age, there were "Germanics" only in Scandinavia, the territory of modern Germany was inhabited by Celts or people speaking pre-Celtic Indo-European dialects.

Oerlinghausen (of which the second link talks about) is also in Germany, and thus probably also based on Celtic findings for the Bronze Age.

The "Germanic" bronze age structures can be found pretty much only in Denmark and southern Sweden.

Fair enough, searching the term "Nordic Bronze age housing interior" would've been more suiting.

Although Fabio makes a good point.

So reference is invalid :)

It would probably be easier to add again the door, rather than adding the interiors which will be barely visible and add polygons...

It's quite easy, but since it's a Civic Center, adding visual details might be worth it. I'll probably add wooden pillars, also, I feel like making a new foundation actor.

Fair enough, searching the term "Nordic Bronze age housing interior" would've been more suiting.

Although Fabio makes a good point.

I will work on ROTE tonight so, you have time to figure something out, also, since it's aristeia, Zophim and Lion, are the head, while I am the hands. :)

Wow, you work on a lot of mods, Stan.

Public, Aristeia, Millenium AD, Ocelotlazohteotl, Ponies Ascendant (Mostly managing more than creating), Rise of the East, Eyecandy mod, One private (For copyright reasons), and that's it :)

Could you check the suggestion for the gauls thread ?

Public, Aristeia, Millenium AD, Ocelotlazohteotl, Ponies Ascendant (Mostly managing more than creating), Rise of the East, Eyecandy mod, One private (For copyright reasons), and that's it :)

Could you check the suggestion for the gauls thread ?

oops, I got notified of that, but I thought it was for this thread...

Edit: Ponies Ascendant? I think I've seen pictures of that on LordGood's (?) devianart (?).

Edited by Germanic_celt79

oops, I got notified of that, but I thought it was for this thread...

Edit: Ponies Ascendant? I think I've seen pictures of that on LordGood's (?) devianart (?).

Indeed. Lordgood has some new stuff to add but need to fix some details before adding them to his mod.

Does my request fits on eyecandy? Dont tell me you forgot it :(

It fits, but I need time (cause your current list is a HUGE time consumer)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Aghilas said:

Can Germanics be a culture in the game? (Like Hellenes and Celts in other alpha versions)

If yes i can suggest future factions:

Alemanni
Batavi
Belgae
Burgundiones
Danoi/Danes(Ancient Danish people)
Frisii
Franci/Francorum
Getae
Sueones(Ancient Swedes)

This is a mod with bronze civs, not the main game.