Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Some ideas for Recorded Games (if possible):

1. Save chat messages (like in AoK)

2. Save commands from your opponent's point of view (so you can see what he was doing without having to ask him for his rec)

3. It should obviously have a Fast Forward button (or even two, for people who like seeing them in a fast way (y))

Even winner's make mistakes.

Personally I RARELY look at what the other player does, I focus on what I can change, my strategy, my troops.

I will look for tendencies when I play someone multiple times - Villagers on one resource all together or staggered all around the map and what kind of army they like, more mobile(cavalry and light armor fast moving units)? more heavy(heavy infantry, siege)?

If I really suck I will look at the strategy of the opponent if he's a real pro.

Edited by Silver

1) I'd love to see neutral factions you can control like in Age of Empires III. For example, when you are playing as the Romans and you are invading Gaul, you can ally with Gallic tribes.

The benefits could look like this:

[uNIT] New unit = Gallic Cavalryman

[TECH] Pants = Adds amount of health to unitsµ

....Possibilities are endless..

Neutral races = Numedians, Nubians, ...

2) Will the scenario's, campaigns feature "true-to-life" maps?

3) Will every faction have his own campaign?

4) I hate the way walls look in Age of kings, especially the corner wall and when you build a wall against a slope or elevation. Will the walls in 0 AD remain 'smooth' ? and without a massive wall on every corner?

2) The campaigns will be historically based, with some maps looking like areas of the world I would assume. Story and gameplay first though.

3) No. In Part 1 I believe we want to only do 2 campaigns.

4) Walls will work like walls in AOM, where the walls follow the contours of the terrain (within limits - they won't climb up cliffs, for instance).

I´ve got a suggestion: What about if territories have a kind of "happiness level", so that if the people is unhappy, they would rebel (Total War anyone?)? Temples and the like could make people happy, but if the territory is attacked often, there oculd be unhapiness...

What do ya´think??

Ok this is what I meant (y)

- you said 2 campaigns

- Will there be like seperate missions like in AOK:THe conquerors? With battles of the conquerors ( agincourt, Manzikert,...) ?

For example: A Huge map of modern France with the "provincia" in Roman hands . You play as Julius Caesar?

Or a Map of Italy where you try to crush the slaves' revolt of Spartacus. Or the siege of Carthage ( if not added in the campaign, )

In AOK there were also real world maps, here as well?

As Michael said the territories are created automatically when several settlements are on the map. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but it's kinda fun to move the settlements around and see how the territory borders are redrawn (y) Not something I do every day of course, but anyways =)

As Michael said the territories are created automatically when several settlements are on the map. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but it's kinda fun to move the settlements around and see how the territory borders are redrawn (y) Not something I do every day of course, but anyways =)

Haha, yeah, I did that last night. Moved the settlements around and watched the territories move around like bubbles. ;)

Why not (y) ??

Additional work -> Delay of release

Also, tis is AoK style game with emphasis on warfare. I don't want 0AD to end up as The Sims variation.

I'm interested in military, less I have to care about peasants, the better. I mean, there, of course, is need to manage economy,but I find that in AoK satisfactory.

• Stan` featured this topic