marga_ Posted October 1 Share Posted October 1 I'm a 3d general Artist, I have experience with 3D modelling, UV unwrap, hight-poly/low-poly asset, and I know how to use Krita/Photoshop 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted October 1 Share Posted October 1 Do you have a portfolio ? Or anything you'd like to improve / work on on the game ? Welcome 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted Monday at 19:29 Author Share Posted Monday at 19:29 here is my portfolio https://www.Artstation.com/Margab I'd like to help with props/characters/environment 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lopess Posted Monday at 20:15 Share Posted Monday at 20:15 Congratulations, you are very talented! Obs: The correct link uses lowercase letters. https://www.artstation.com/margab 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Tuesday at 00:23 Share Posted Tuesday at 00:23 is a very high level that you have. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted Tuesday at 06:19 Share Posted Tuesday at 06:19 You should check https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/BasicAnimationImplementation and https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/Basic3DImplementation depending on how technical you are. Do you have prefered means of communication ? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Tuesday at 06:50 Share Posted Tuesday at 06:50 (edited) There are 2 things we don't have in the game. Renders for the campaign. Stylo AoE or older games that used them to decorate campaign menus. The other thing is actor modeling and new models. And the other thing is combat animations. We don't have animations with two-handed swords or unconventional weapons. Animations with Halberds Edited Tuesday at 06:54 by Nicolaus_von_Kues 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted Tuesday at 10:32 Author Share Posted Tuesday at 10:32 thank you for the info. I'll start from the top: Renders to decorate for the campaign menus. Is there any requirements/suggestions/desire?: Stylo AoE or older games (camera angle, painted style)? Objects? (book, sorrow, bowl,ancient bottles) / essential items? Quantity? is there a guide line/story to follow? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted Tuesday at 12:50 Share Posted Tuesday at 12:50 Sadly, no, there isn't which is why I don't think it's a good first task. For the animations you can use this blend https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/biped_meshes_and_animations.zip 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atrik Posted Tuesday at 13:34 Share Posted Tuesday at 13:34 Hi @marga_, I'm only seeing mention of animations from @Stan`, not from you, so I'm not sure if I missed something.. I think they are a different skillset then modeling? However if you are actually into animations I would love for you to consider helping with some that would heavily enhance : With the above, units can be kicked away, staggering, and they can charge (attack while moving, or attack while turning). Each of them would look so much nicer with proper animations! If this is something that get your interest, it could be very helpful. 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted Tuesday at 14:09 Share Posted Tuesday at 14:09 Indeed! my bad if that's the case. Some new vegetation might be nice I know @nifa had some stuff, maybe they also have buildings in mind 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted Tuesday at 15:31 Author Share Posted Tuesday at 15:31 (edited) I see... I'm not an Expert in Animation but I do know something, so, I'm happy to help. I'll start from the first one, so should I only improve the animation file or I should add animation using this reference https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/channel/UCeK9WgRPUD5eOVZW-fCFBYg (I suppose), if it is the second one, should I randomly choose pose and movements or do I have some more indications? Edited Tuesday at 19:00 by marga_ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Wednesday at 04:28 Share Posted Wednesday at 04:28 12 hours ago, marga_ said: I see... I'm not an Expert in Animation but I do know something, so, I'm happy to help. I'll start from the first one, so should I only improve the animation file or I should add animation using this reference https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/channel/UCeK9WgRPUD5eOVZW-fCFBYg (I suppose), if it is the second one, should I randomly choose pose and movements or do I have some more indications? What do you enjoy doing? What do you feel allows you to reach your full potential? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted yesterday at 08:53 Author Share Posted yesterday at 08:53 I could use some practice in animation... I improved the Run-animation, if useful I can continue animating. (were should I upload the files?, here?) 0.A.D Body Meshes And Animations.002.zip Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted yesterday at 12:51 Share Posted yesterday at 12:51 Can you provide a small gif of before after ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted yesterday at 15:24 Author Share Posted yesterday at 15:24 of course before-after0001-0209.mp4 6 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marga_ Posted 8 hours ago Author Share Posted 8 hours ago Corrections? Tips? I couldn't fix the front bag, It doesn't follow the rig... is that important? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Perzival12 Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago (edited) On 8/10/2026 at 8:24 AM, marga_ said: of course before-after0001-0209.mp4 Maybe make the hat slide/bounce on his head a tiny bit? Otherwise that looks amazing. Edited 3 hours ago by Perzival12 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago You might try to look at it from a game angle too to see if it's visible enough. Also there are many run animations, this one is only used in a mod called pyrogenesis 1877 which is misisng a lot of building and unit assets Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, Perzival12 said: Maybe make the hat slide/bounce on his head a tiny bit? Otherwise that looks amazing. In theater where the spectator is far away, movement must be exaggerated to be appreciated well; this applies to the visual aspect in video games. The animation should be more exaggerated and less realistic. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now