[Collection] Bronze Age Civ Pack. Put Your Civs Here.

Lion.Kanzen

http://en.wikipedia....ople_connection

if you investigate, its a invasion of a great group of People, this movement is very similar to Barbarian invasions in V century A.D.

but i like put a Ancient Name than only called the Sea people.

Well, "Minoans" is a modern invented name for the people of Bronze Age Crete. "Sea People" is a name most students of history would know.

Linguistic and archaeological evidence (collected by Israeli archaeologists including the famous Simcha Jacobovi) points to a theory that the Danaans of Homer's epics (mostly mentioned in Iliad and used in Greek as a near synonym for Achaeans) were the same as one branch of the Sea Peoples and eventually settled in and around a settlement in the Galilee called Tell Dan. It appears that the Sea Peoples were a collection of miscelaneous pirates from various places around the mediterranean that were all grouped into one category by the Egyptians. In this way, Sea Peoples could just be a synonym for Pirates and it didn't quite matter where exactly they came from. http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm

We are going to definately include the Minoans anyway, so we might give them some mercenary units who would be named Danaan swordsman or something, and would be based heavily upon the Sea Peoples. I think that is the best way to include them.

I support Mythos Ruler´s thinking, they are Minoans because, they Attack Egypt, the Levant People(Hebrws and Canaanites), Hittite Empire.

and this people can reach Sicily and the Myceneans, perhaps they support them. and the description of warfare of those people, its very similar to Aegean and Mycenean armors and Weapons.

Edited by Apkallu

The one logical problem with the Minoans and the Sea Peoples being the same is that there is barely any record of a military prescence on Minoan Crete until the Mycenaean conquest of Knossos, so it is highly unlikely that the Minoans were the Sea Peoples and if anyone, the Mycenaeans would probably be the sea peoples. Also, we could spend decades arguing over this and there would be no progress, so I think we should start working on the more major civilzations (Egypt, Mycenaeans, Assyria, etc...) and then come back to this later.

#1 Thanks to whomever did that (gave us a sub-forum)!

#2 There has been talk of prioritizing a list of civilizations for this mod:

Here's my take on it:

Necessary:

Egypt

Assyria

Mycenaeans

(either Hebrews or Phoenicians--I lean towards Phoenicians because A I'm part Phoenician, and B they had many more technological and economic accomplishments than anyone in the region (these include the invention of celestial navigation, the alphabet, and the bireme, just to name a few))

Nice to Have:

Hittites

Minoans

(the other of Hebrews and Phoenicians)

Nabataeans (this is my separate mod that I was going to merge with the Bronze Age mod, even though it pushes the timespan a little)

Interesting, but could probably be merged with others:

Sea Peoples

Nubians

Canaanites

Babylonians (I know they were super important, but they are very similar to the Assyrians and could be merged into Neo-Assyrians or Chaldeans)

Not at all included:

Etruscans (they are in the actual game's timespan so I would start working on a design document and present it to the art department to see if it can be included)

Did I miss any civilizations?

Edited by Atenmeses52

• 2 weeks later...

Now we need Collect History Summary for each Faction.

now we Focus in Egypt(New Kingdom) and Minoans

here are a exaple that i want.

"History":"The Hellenes were a people famous today for their architecture, fighting ability, and culture. The Hellenic peoples of the Dorian, Ionian, and Aeolian tribes swept into modern day Greece from 3000 B.C. to around 1100 B.C. in successive waves that eventually supplanted the previously established cultures of Mycenae and Minoan Crete. They were most active during the period of colonization that took place in the 7th and 6th centuries B.C., the Greco-Persian Wars (499-449 B.C.), the Peloponnesian War (431-404 B.C.), and the conquests of Alexander the Great (4th Century B.C.). Their civilization would endure until their final absorption by Rome in 146 B.C."
Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Here is the link to our official wordpress page. http://fallenempiresstudio.wordpress.com/

Also, @ Lion.Kanzen, When I have more time (maybe over the weekend) I can do one or two of the more important civ's complete design documents. Once they are done I'll share them with you on Google Drive and I can send a public link to each civ's thread with that civ's design document.

Here is the link to our official wordpress page. http://fallenempires....wordpress.com/

Also, @ Lion.Kanzen, When I have more time (maybe over the weekend) I can do one or two of the more important civ's complete design documents. Once they are done I'll share them with you on Google Drive and I can send a public link to each civ's thread with that civ's design document.

i want show the page when filled with basic info, im studing too, i was talk to you for email :).

tomorrow i go for Shopping Center [Mall] to buy some gift for Valentines days., only in the night you can contact me my time zone is central -6 hours GTM.

• 2 weeks later...

Samnites

Please add this great civ.

The Samnites were very powerful unity of tribes in Italia. And it was them that defeated Hannibal first.

The Samnites had powerful infantry and cavalry.

Typical Samnite warrior:

Samnite.jpg

Edited by Burzum

I would agree with you, Buzrum, partially because I have tracked my ancestry to Samnium, but I think the Samnites are a little too insignificant to add to this mod. I'd love to see them as a separate mod though! If you can supply enough valid information that proves their great importance (make them at least as important as the Sea Peoples), then we could include them in the mod. I know already about the Samnite Wars during early Rome, and that is one reason, but the Hannibal thing is too far out of our timeframe for this mod.

Also, Sorry everyone that this mod has not been going anywhere for about a month... I, for one, have had a lot of work and haven't been able to work on this as much as I'd like to. I'm also traveling to Italy (Tuscany) in a week, so if we need architectural references for anything I can probably get photos. I hope to start actual mod development on this whenever I have more free time, and I'd like to see us make tons of progress over the summer.