[Collection] Bronze Age Civ Pack. Put Your Civs Here.

Lion.Kanzen

Samnites

Please add this great civ.

The Samnites were very powerful unity of tribes in Italia. And it was them that defeated Hannibal first.

The Samnites had powerful infantry and cavalry.

Typical Samnite warrior:

good point, you can investigate if saminites are more older than Romans or Etruscan?

we can mix with latin people in a sole/main faction.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Good job guys, the site seems very friendly. And congratulations for the strong initiative.

ist my first time i make a website on the web. Thank you Pedro.

Edit: 3

Pedro you can Recopile a Short History of following Factions?

Egypt : New Kingdom 1500BCE to 500 BCE.

Nubians.

Assirya.

Neo Babylon.

Example.of Romans

The Romans controlled the largest empire of the ancient world. Rising from a group of villages to controlling an empire stretching from southern Scotland to the Sahara Desert, Rome remained one of the strongest nations on earth for almost 800 years. Initially Rome controlled Italy, but after three wars with Carthage began to expand in all directions. At its peak, Rome's empire contained over 60 million inhabitants, one quarter of the Earth's population at that time. But this massive empire soon became too large to control and barbarians began swarming into the Empire. The 300 years before the fall of Rome in 476 A.D. were mostly spent trying to keep the ever-increasing flood of migrant barbarians back behind the Rhine and Danube rivers.

Define in few Lines, a Civilization History

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

If we make them inferior we could try to make the iron civs 'upgrades' of the bronze civs so that after the last bronze phase you go to iron.

It would require a lot of tweaking on our part though, so I suggest keeping that for later.

yes im thinking in some future Files.each Civ.json

Building HP

Units HP

If anyone wants to make some concept art as to what the buildings in some of these civs should look like, that would really be a great help.

soon, i will take Vacation i gonna draw some concepts, focus in Phoenician buildings.

the houses.

start for civic center sketches

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

i Finish my Last Class today 81%.im in Vacation. (2 weeks)

im thinking in Age of Empires models,its very like to Carthaghian embassy.

mosesjpg8du.jpg

And in anyway this cant be called a ‘jewish’ style structure. The size and measures of the temple are mentioned in the torah and were given by god, but actually besides the simple workers building it(which were Israelites) the Phoenicians built it.

The Phoenicians were masters in that field and they made the art, statues, metal-work etc.

And that was always the case - they built the important buildings until both kingdoms declined simultaneously. That’s why there is basically no such thing as Jewish building style.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

My school work has been picking up... so I probably won't be working until early-mid June.... I promise I can do a lot then though! I love all of the progress that's been going on! The Phoenicians and Egyptians especially! I'll be on here occasionally to give my opinion if something is really important, but for now, I'll see you all in June :(

They look great! Just one concern: the Ankh design looks a little weird to me with the hole in the shield... the Ankh was rarely used as an isolated symbol in Egyptian art. I would replace it with something a god (I know the Egyptian military named their battalions after gods like Ra or Ptah). 579.gifthat is Ptah

and this is ra: 319.gif (I am learning Middle Egyptian)

Other than that, Great Work!

• Like 1

They look great! Just one concern: the Ankh design looks a little weird to me with the hole in the shield... the Ankh was rarely used as an isolated symbol in Egyptian art. I would replace it with something a god (I know the Egyptian military named their battalions after gods like Ra or Ptah). 579.gifthat is Ptah

and this is ra: 319.gif (I am learning Middle Egyptian)

Other than that, Great Work!

i Change it

• 2 weeks later...

but must be in One Big Pack

Start with a Civ in Few Days when enought Peoplee read this post.

in Aplication form Sub Forum are people who want part of the team you try to contact some of them.

A steppe people DLC would also be great, with Scythians, Sarmatians and Roxolani's to name a few.

• 3 weeks later...

I think some of these Bronze Age civilizations could pull from work that is already being done in the "main stream" part of the game. For example, the Assyrians could make use of the Ziggurat for the Persians. Work on the Phoenicians could start with the Carthaginian files. Similarly, work on the Etruscans could start with the Romans.

Mycenaeans

If anyone has access to some Osprey books, check out The Mycenaeans c. 1650-1100 BC. There is sure to be a lot of art that could help.

Wonder

The Lion Gate would be great to include.

Walls

Mycenaean walls are known to have been formidable and made use of Cyclopean masonry. The Tiryns citadel shows this masonry very well.

Buildings

Possibly interesting to include would be the massive Tholoi, although I am uncertain what function they might play in the game. Possibly you have to build one for the king so your civilization can advance to the final level?

Mycenaea is known to have an underground well aided whilst being sieged. Possibly this would be useful as a building or technology.

Units

Spearmen seemed to have been preferred by the Mycenaeans and were built like tanks. This guy shows off his homemade outfit while this pot is often used in archaeology publications.

Chariot team

Technology

The Palace of Nestor had a massive library some of which was preserved due to a fire. The tablets contained information recording provisions sent to the palace. This could be a technology which is researched (i.e. Bureaucracy).

Minoans

Units

Bare breasted women (NSFW). Although it's highly debatable if your average woman would have been dressed anything like this as we have little to know information regarding commoners. Almost all images we have of women are contested as either priestess or noble women. See also and here (NSFW).

When I was visiting these archaeological sites, I saw little evidence for Minoan warriors. Some books suggest that this was because the Minoans were peace-loving female dominated societies while the Mycenaeans were war-mongering male dominated. This is possibly fun if you're academically inclined, but of little use here. I have seen some make use of the cow-hide shields that are sometimes shown on Minoan artwork as evidence for spearmen, but I have not seen nor heard of any conclusive Minoan warrior graves.

Buildings

Life was notably centered about a Palace such as that found at Knossos. Although we do not know if the person that lived here was actually a king (or queen for that matter). Minoan palatial structures are known to have been made up of several components including a magazine for storing pithoi themselves containing wine, olive oil and possibly grain. A lustral basin which is believed to have been for ritual purification. And a courtyard which might have been where fertility festivals (i.e. bull leaping) could have been conducted among other things. Courtyard are often accompanied by very short stairs which suggest people standing and viewing out into the courtyard or stacking objects which would face into the courtyard. Such objects have included features which look similar to this in some cases. This bull horns feature can be found at many Minoan sites. The axe symbol is pretty common (see specifically).

Given the palatial structure of Minoan and Mycenaean sites, which is inherently modular, part of me feels the need to request a modular building component be added. But, I understand that this could be very complicated so maybe that would be best to wait on requesting.

Technology

The Minoans are known for their very good metallurgy which included seal rings. This could be useful since it's believed that seal rings and other exterior indicators were used in the development of writing (at least in the Ancient Near East).

I realize that this is a really long post. I am incredibly excited. Maybe I can finally put that Classics minor to work ;)