[Collection] Bronze Age Civ Pack. Put Your Civs Here.

Lion.Kanzen

Why sun? I was thinking of something like "The Cradle of (insert something cool here)", like 'of the World' or 'of the Civilizations' (thought i found this last one too presumptuous).

its a brainstorming.

The Cradle of(...) that for most ancient civilizationes, like sumeria, Akkad, and first Civilizations. before Bronze age.

now the name is focus in The Bronze and Bronze period.

Why sun? I was thinking of something like "The Cradle of (insert something cool here)", like 'of the World' or 'of the Civilizations' (thought i found this last one too presumptuous).

I chose the name Rise of the Bronze Sun because sun in the Ancient Egyptian language can also mean age, time, or epoch. Therefore Bronze sun is the same in meaning as Bronze Age.

Urartu? who are these?

Ancient Armenians see: http://www.livius.or...nia/urartu.html

Also, the Sea Peoples were most probably Semites from Canaan, so if we include Hebrews and Phoenicians, there would be little need for Sea Peoples. Some archaeologists believe they were exiled Mycenaeans as well, but the Mycenaeans will definitely be included anyway. As for Hittites, I agree that they should be included, but Urartu is getting a little too obscure... They were generally conquered by regional powers and there is not much to differentiate them from other regional civilizations. We could just use Persians or Assyrians to represent them.

Edited by Atenmeses52

I chose the name Rise of the Bronze Sun because sun in the Ancient Egyptian language can also mean age, time, or epoch. Therefore Bronze sun is the same in meaning as Bronze Age.

Ancient Armenians see: http://www.livius.or...nia/urartu.html

Also, the Sea Peoples were most probably Semites from Canaan, so if we include Hebrews and Phoenicians, there would be little need for Sea Peoples. Some archaeologists believe they were exiled Mycenaeans as well, but the Mycenaeans will definitely be included anyway. As for Hittites, I agree that they should be included, but Urartu is getting a little too obscure... They were generally conquered by regional powers and there is not much to differentiate them from other regional civilizations. We could just use Persians or Assyrians to represent them.

are a Solution for this. put them as Mercenary, like dacians into greek.

seapeoples01.jpg

It's map presenting the massive attack of the sea peoples.

Their impact on the bronze age is very impressive. They destroy the Hittites Empire, organize 3 enormous expeditions against Egypt during the times of Ramesses II and Ramesses III.

these guys are the Babarian people who destroy Hittites? i read something like that in AOE instruction book

I would love to include them, don't get me wrong, it's just that they were more of a barbarian people who never really settled down, so buildings would be hard to make for them. We could, however, make them mercenaries for the Mycenaeans, as Lion.Kanzen prieviously mentioned. This mod will be really good!

I would love to include them, don't get me wrong, it's just that they were more of a barbarian people who never really settled down, so buildings would be hard to make for them. We could, however, make them mercenaries for the Mycenaeans, as Lion.Kanzen prieviously mentioned. This mod will be really good!

now need a page project like as mod db or something similar.

post-4287-0-91739300-1346277148_thumb.jpeg

that guy @Idawin is good. i would if he can help us.

Edited by Rising

My pet theory is that the "Sea Peoples" were just displaced Mycenaeans, but I'm not sure if that's been definitively debunked or not.

sea people attacks Levant.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Sea_Peoples

The following movements are compressed by Finley into the 1200 BC window: the Dorian Invasion, the attacks of the Sea Peoples, the formation of Philistine kingdoms in the Levant and the fall of the Hittite Empire, when in fact, those events required at least a few hundred years.

Edited by Rising

If you want i can also make a data sheet for this civ !!

The identifications of Denyen with the Greek Danaans and Ekwesh with the Greek Achaeans or Theories of the possible connections between the Sherden to Sardinia, Shekelesh to Sicily, and Teresh[disambiguation needed] toTyrrhenians, even though long-standing, are based mainly on onomastic similarities.

I want to organize this tribes :

- Peleset

- Sherden

- Shekelesh

- Meshwesh

- Libu

etc...

In only generic name, The sea people

ok is Fine for Now but if we find an ancient name that means the same. that must be.

Open new Topic as Crowd-sourced Civ: Sea People.

____________________________________________________________________________________

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization

Edited by Rising