Geriatrix Stop behaving like this

On 31/08/2024 at 2:08 PM, Grautvornix said:

and - maybe I am missing something - but I still don't understand why a spectator can be considered disturbing enough to request him to be banned from speccing

it was about someone's pre-existing personal dislike for that spec, the spectating player had not written anything in chat.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Norse_Harold @Player of 0AD meant the message as a joke, if you can revert the punishment you did to him It will be good, Weirdjokes has contributed much to the game, so it will not be justice if we punish him by mistake. I don't care if it was insulting to me or not now, I am getting insulted much worse in real life and with threats to rape my mother and sister and wife, so I can consider this as a harmless Joke, I don't care anymore.

16 minutes ago, leopard said:

@Norse_Harold @Player of 0AD meant the message as a joke, if you can revert the punishment you did to him It will be good, Weirdjokes has contributed much to the game, so it will not be justice if we punish him by mistake. I don't care if it was insulting to me or not now, I am getting insulted much worse in real life and with threats to rape my mother and sister and wife, so I can consider this as a harmless Joke, I don't care anymore.

wtf, get out of the environment you are in if u can

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MarcusAureliu#s said:

wtf, get out of the environment you are in if u can

he can't do it, he is trying to provoke me and get me in a place where he can beat me up. I've had people wanting to beat me up all the time, they live near me and in past also in college. but this guy crossed many boundaries.

I am only peaceful until I am able to buy a gun. may be I will have to be peaceful until my death because I am that broke B). I've tried the running part in the past, it is impossible for me to live anywhere else due to financial problems maybe find a new job somewhere else.

10 hours ago, leopard said:

if you can revert the punishment you did to him It will be good, Weirdjokes has contributed much to the game, so it will not be justice if we punish him by mistake.

leopard did not ask me to punish weirdJokes. I issued the infraction because I perceived a violation of the terms of use.

Regardless of severity, I consider it a significant violation of the terms of use because it's a form of bullying. It was not a mistaken punishment. The infraction points will help to remind weirdJokes that he needs to avoid doing that sort of thing again, even as a forum private message.

I don't think that leopard is a saint in terms of his conduct, as I've seen him insult people and lose his temper at times. Still, two wrongs don't make a right.

I think that it would be good to gather the three of us for a discussion in order to find common ground, do arbitration, and do conflict resolution. I want to be friends with both leopard and weirdJokes. I want to get past this video clip. I want to discover that weirdJokes actually means no harm and is not acting in concert with Geriatrix. I want to reassure both of you that you are and can be friends, who follow the rules, and who treat each other with respect. The way to do that is to have a mediated real-time conversation.

weirdJokes and leopard, when are you available to meet me on IRC, preferably around 17:00 UTC on a weekday?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leopard said:

I am only peaceful until I am able to buy a gun.

Actually, one is expected to be more peaceful when one is carrying a concealed firearm, at least in the US. Here the courts tend to be reluctant to consider a shooting to be in self defense unless the person did as much as they could to avoid, defuse, and in some states, retreat from any potential conflict. In California, gun owners are expected to run from their own homes if they're attacked by home invaders...

I guess that it's similar or even more difficult to successfully argue self defense in most other countries.

1 minute ago, Norse_Harold said:

I guess that it's similar or even more difficult to successfully argue self defense in most other countries

In India it is nearly impossible to acquire a gun, I don't think there are any factories in India that produces Guns. I am not planning to obey the law if I have a machine gun.

10 minutes ago, leopard said:

I am not planning to obey the law if I have a machine gun.

Maybe someone has been watching too many Batman movies and playing too much Grand Theft Auto. Anyway, GTA has a lesson: there's always a higher power that can be brought in to counter whatever firepower one brings to the situation.

• Haha 1