autociv hotkeys in base game

15 hours ago, Atrik said:

account how ineffective it would be anyway against "less threatening"/actual cheats.

Stop saying this. You are gaslighting users that don't know better. I have never seen evidence of players revealing the map, and I have only once seen a player reading allied chat.

Revealing the whole map is on the same tier of cheats as having the computer do part of the game for you, aka highly egregious. Furthermore, your mod is threatening because it is packaged nicely and highly distributable and it contains multiple cheats under the guise of a GUI mod. The difficulty of making their own cheats is an obstacle to 99% of would-be cheaters. In most games, cheat developers are the reason for cheating problems, not individual cheaters.

The real solution would be for you to own up to your mistake and only use your mod against proGUI players.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 2

You're pretending that you're helping, but no one asked you for this and you have been told by many to stop. 

Be part of the actual development of the game if you want to see the features implemented--the biggest barrier is often the availability of volunteers. Your renegade approach just cannibalizes the process. 

The guy can literally do nothing for the first 10 seconds of the game and says it's the same as having a hotkey xD
The guy can set some percentages and a macro will auto-produce according to his available resources and houses, automatically reset the production queue, automatically auto-detect inactive barracks to activate production in them. But for him it's the same as a hotkey.

Atrik is not going to stop no matter how many arguments are given to him. Other alternatives must be found to avoid this type of blackmail. A substantial improvement is needed in the comprehensive security of the entire game. Strong mechanisms to prevent the whim of 2 or 3 individualists from destroying decades of community development.
None of this is going to be achieved by stubbornly arguing against a wall.
Maybe development team is happy with this, or they don't even care about the competitive multiplayer scope of the game

In any case, we were discussing nice features to have but now we have just another endless discussion about that shiitmod thank youuu

Edited by guerringuerrin

I've explained how did the mod came up. I understand you probably don't like the concept of contributing with mods (or something else that would explain so much hate), you guys will continue to be dismissive, and I will continue to believe I'm did nothing special/outrageously wrong.

Edited by Atrik

33 minutes ago, Atrik said:

I understand you probably don't like the concept of contributing with mods

I don't know where you draw that conclusion from. And it is in fact a gross simplification of what have been long threads discussing this topic.
I have argued with you in a thousand ways respectfully and I have given you plenty of arguments but you don't give a darn and have come to make totally absurd comparisons in order to justify yourself. On several occasions you have had ironic and mocking responses towards people who have spoken to you respectfully, so play the victim all you want, you don't move anyone.
You have not stopped using your mod on my hosts even though I have been very explicit that I am against the use of that mod in matches where others do not use it. The current state of the game is very convenient for those who use this type of mods since the host has no option to prevent it beyond banning those users. Even if you ban those users, you must first know that those users use that mod, which is also quite difficult to know, unless said users say so or host a match and then it is seen that they use it, or starting watch replays like a paranoid (unless those users uses quickstart then it is very simple to realize, like you does)
And then you say "you can still hide one mod inside another, the game is full of cheats and you guys complain about my mod." You try to cancel an argument using another type of failure as an example.
The advantages that your mod grants are very clear and you appeal to all kinds of resources to relativize those arguments.

Let us continue this thread with the initial objectives. There are other threads to discuss your great achievements.

Edited by guerringuerrin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, guerringuerrin said:

You have not stopped using your mod on my hosts even though I have been very explicit that I am against the use of that mod in matches where others do not use it.

Did you told me not to use it? I just though you'll know I was using it, and since I didn't saw you say anything, I thought it wasn't against your host rules. Accusing me from hiding the mod or lying would be something else.

1 hour ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Stop saying this. You are gaslighting users that don't know better. I have never seen evidence of players revealing the map, and I have only once seen a player reading allied chat

For the sake of it I tried, it took me 2 minutes (5 if including compiling and testing) to change the engine to always reveal the map without it being reported to peers. It's ridiculous to claim no one else has done it before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hyperion said:

For the sake of it I tried, it took me 2 minutes (5 if including compiling and testing) to change the engine to always reveal the map without it being reported to peers. It's ridiculous to claim no one else has done it before.

its actually fairly easy to see if someone is using revealed map as they will react to things they shouldn't know about. It does take some time to investigate though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hyperion said:

right, so now all you have to do is package it as a mod and it will be used more frequently.

Perhaps going forward, some files should be made impossible to overwrite using a mod when checks are ignored.

2 hours ago, Atrik said:

I understand you probably don't like the concept of contributing with mods (or something else that would explain so much hate)

I have made a few mods and I have fixed mods. I do not hate contributing with mods. I love that modding 0ad is so easy and I really dislike that you are selfishly trashing the honor system that has worked until you showed up.

2 hours ago, Atrik said:

and I will continue to believe I'm did nothing special/outrageously wrong.

And people will continue to believe that the earth is flat and that space doesn't exist against any line of actual reasoning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

right, so now all you have to do is package it as a mod and it will be used more frequently.

Perhaps going forward, some files should be made impossible to overwrite using a mod when checks are ignored.

some things can't be in a mod. however, all checks can be fouled with the right expertise, and little enough effort.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alre said:

some things can't be in a mod. however, all checks can be fouled with the right expertise, and little enough effort.

Well the point here would be to allow changing those files if all players have the same mod, but ensure that they are inaccessible if the checks are disabled. If this can still be fouled, then maybe increase number of files that are off-limits to mods.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

and I really dislike that you are selfishly trashing the honor system that has worked until you showed up.

I think one of us have to stop replying so I'll do it. Seems you can endlessly throw accusations even when it's you wanting to do something, I'll be responsible.  Cheat mods, Atrik cheater, Atrik responsible of whatever @real_tabasco_sauce will push for that will downgrade UX. And if you disagree with @real_tabasco_sauce's very smart opinion you are a flat earther. Feel free to make all the claims you want about progui, or even accusation about things I didn't do, I won't reply since it's probably annoying to people to have misleading thread title deviating onto debates about something else.

Edit: I'm not playing the victim when saying you guys are dismissive. It's simply the accurate description of making expeditious assumptions, and making conclusions that are just based on stretching approximates facts. Perfect examples nearly every line in the post below by @chrstgtr.

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Atrik said:

I think one of us have to stop replying so I'll do it. Seems you can endlessly throw accusations even when it's you wanting to do something, I'll be responsible.  Cheat mods, Atrik cheater, Atrik responsible of whatever @real_tabasco_sauce will push for that will downgrade UX. And if you disagree with @real_tabasco_sauce's very smart opinion you are a flat earther. Feel free to make all the claims you want about progui, or even accusation about things I didn't do, I won't reply since it's probably annoying to people to have misleading thread title deviating onto debates about something else.

@BreakfastBurrito_007 created the thread to say what he wanted. You came in as the first reply to call him a hypocrite and proclaim the rightness of your mod. There was back and forth and then @BreakfastBurrito_007 said “yea, anyway” to move on from your nonsense. You immediately replied again with paragraphs to proclaim how your cheat is less cheating than other worse cheats. 

But yeah, take the high road. Walk away by “stopping” as you continue to insist to have the last word. 

There are plenty of accusations I can make about you that I can’t prove. I know you are the first player to boom to 200 pop at the start of the game but I also know if you lose your CC and pop in late game you can’t grow greater than 50 pop with 10 minutes and mountains of tributes. I know you were one of the worst multitaskers in the game but overnight you suddenly “became” a decent rusher. Can I prove you do other cheats? No. But I already know from what you do tell me that you openly use plenty of cheats.

Stop playing the victim. Stop cheating. Stop enabling other to cheat. Stop playing with people that don’t you in their games. 

• Like 1