Do you have an Urban Garden? Share your work here!

I wonder if there are members of the community who have an urban garden.
A year ago I was lucky enough to move into a house with a few meters of garden and I wanted to start exploring the path of agriculture as a way to escape from my daily life as a worker who lives in a huge city, full of asphalt, loud horns and people angry and in a hurry to reach their destinations. It has been a way of connecting a little more with nature and with the essential aspects of life.

If any of you have an urban garden (or maybe you live in the country and have a little more than a few meters of land) I would like to invite you to share your progress with everyone!

Here it is. We have some winter and summer Lettuce, Chard, Rosemery at the back and Broccoli. Also I've just planted a Lavanda this season (left side)

image.thumb.jpeg.02dfe5dcb332b6e6304f54711b6b2779.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a683504d472ac9c5f55e362b17d30a09.jpeg

More Broccoli at the front

image.thumb.jpeg.aa8b7624ee4030502c93754d54c5c9ee.jpeg

image.jpeg

And finally this is the last harvest we made of Chard and Lettuce

image.thumb.jpeg.f28aefd93c75836662c21e0b00b22652.jpeg

Edited by guerringuerrin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful garden, congratulations! I was born and raised in a large metropolis, but my family has always preserved a beautiful productive backyard with various medicinal herbs, beans, sweet potatoes, peppers and occasionally legumes in general. I'm currently living in a rented house with a large yard, just waiting for a quiet weekend to start a productive project for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lopess said:

Beautiful garden, congratulations! I was born and raised in a large metropolis, but my family has always preserved a beautiful productive backyard with various medicinal herbs, beans, sweet potatoes, peppers and occasionally legumes in general. I'm currently living in a rented house with a large yard, just waiting for a quiet weekend to start a productive project for him.

Thanks! I hope you can find that quiet weekend to start some project and hopefully u could share some of your progress!

27 minutes ago, alre said:

I too keep a garden, with just the one mecinal herb...

Hahaha! I hope you take good care of them and they reward you the same way you treated them =)

I used to have on some indoor long time ago. I no longer using them for various reasons but yeah, they were the first farm school I attended :) . As we use to say here in Argentina: Buenos humos for you, alre.

• Like 2

In this region of the world, spring is beginning to arrive, and with it, all the plants in my garden have started to bloom. The most beautiful flower I have is undoubtedly the Mburucuyá. Here we also call it "Passionflower," and we love it very much because it is home to the "Espejito" butterfly. During the spring, many "Espejitos" flutter around the Mburucuyá, creating a very beautiful and calming image.

Furthermore, it has a symbiotic relationship with the bumblebee. Its flowers have evolved specifically to deposit pollen on the bumblebee's back when they land on them while seeking to feed on nectar.

Here's a short stop-motion video I made of the first flower that bloomed.

The Mburucuyá is a plant from South America, specifically from the Paraná River basin region. This plant has beautiful flowers and produces fruits called "mburucuyá" that are used in juices and desserts due to their sweet and sour taste. Additionally, in this region, it is traditionally used as a natural remedy for insomnia and anxiety.

Edited by guerringuerrin
  • Like 4

What a lovely garden @guerringuerrin! I sadly only have a small balcony space, but I'm currently growing some cat grass and catnip plants for my cat. I also hope to grow some wildflowers in the spring, but it's getting to autumn where I live at the moment. I do dabble in house plants though and have quite an extensive collection of 40+ different varieties that I grow, propagate and gift to friends. Maybe I'll take some pics and share :)

• Like 3

Thanks @freyyja !
Thats a huge amount of house plants! Of course I'd love to see some of them. I am also dabbling in indoor plants but I only have a few and it has been difficult for me to get them to thrive. The longest lasting is a Potus that has been with me for almost 15 years and I take care of it like a son because it was a gift from my mother.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...