ProGUI

Atrik

I'm not sure anyone knows what @Langbart is planing about BoonGUI. This project brought a very refreshing UI to 0ad.
I decided to introduce in ProGUI the original BoonGUI panel. You can easily choose to switch between ProGUI and BoonGUI, and have one of them preset for Spectating and when Playing. You could already switch between mods automatically using @seeh's autocivP, but I also wanted to add the option here.

BoonGUI overlay:

Spoiler

Switch between modes to get various stats about players!

screenshot0006.thumb.png.5d37aa968240497b64a063a423ee21da.png

ProGUI overlay:

Spoiler

Get better visibility on idle units and buildings, and use to panel to quick select them!

screenshot0008.thumb.png.2e9279edbb0595af5613590005957773.png

I disabled by default the panel to control the features such as the Trainer and Auto-Tribute. Some players were just using the overlay but the features were still draining some performance.

Option page, you can define when to use BoonGUI or ProGUI, and you can enable the additional panel with ProFeatures:

Spoiler

screenshot0010.thumb.png.84b453cda3533bc287ea5410ae800aed.png

If you used previous ProGUI versions, and the advanced features, you may enjoy being able to customize the panels even more:

Spoiler

Normal settings appearance:
screenshot0002.thumb.png.c096fb08de75bdd83cf31542e0c8c50c.png

My favorite settings appearance, with "Stacked Sub-Menus":
screenshot0011.thumb.png.c9739328db4ab408fd1d2a59cb7ad7b1.png

I would probably also help maintaining a BoonGUI representation. I'm not as op dev as @Langbart but I'll still do it. I'll try to get this new version published on the mod downloader so that the classical BoonGUI overlay is also downloadable from it. Shame it wasn't already but I know it was a @Langbart choice not to. Since he didn't say anything, I'll assume I can/should do this.

Git Repo: https://gitlab.com/4trik/proGUI/
Mod.io: https://mod.io/g/0ad/m/progui (not always updated)

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I initially wanted to do this, but seems fun, and make the GUI less empty:

screenshot0022(1).jpg.764b06eb319cd54a834dbcef566eab07.jpg

You have two new stat bars added that represent your current game performances. Military performance (Red), Eco performance (Yellow)

More precisely, the blood bar goes up when your KDr goes up (last 10sec), and the yellow bar increase as your resources income increase (relative to your average income).
It's actually nice to have, as you can also have a way to more easily know how is a battle going for you, or how is your global eco health.

Spoiler

screenshot0023.thumb.png.9ab2f18751acbad5f5995b991f89f4eb.png
Here with boon overlay but ofc works for proGUI as well.

Stupid? :heart:

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2023 at 9:38 PM, alre said:

I had suggested something like this for boonGui some time ago (in the upper table).

I don't know exactly what you had in mind then. But I added an option (in GUI Customization) to display this short-therm kill ratio performance on the top panel.

Pros: Get another visual clue if allies are rushed/rushing, or an overview of how is going a battle on the other side of the map as examples.
Cons: Add blinky colorful stuff to an already blinky colorful panel :sweatdrop: There is certainly a way to blind it better in the panel too.

Spoiler

screenshot0008.thumb.png.098f3e5e1ba3de63c7a3ae3ab762b456.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 70H4NN2S said:

Is it possible to put 1 bar on each side, so that the map stays in the mid

I think it's better to have stats in the same theme clustered together. But I wanted to make settings for the minimap for customization including the ability to scale it independently of rest of the gui and opt-out of the bar stats. :happy:

Could you maybe add a option to enable/disable the bars? I really love them when i spec, but i have no time to check them out in a game. In fact, they take valuable screen space away from you. But that's only my opinion. Would be great to have the option to change between a more minimalistic view, where you maybe just see the important stats and the map, nothing more.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2023 at 1:55 AM, 70H4NN2S said:

Could you maybe add a option to enable/disable the bars?

Done, showing the bars is now an opt-in option in 'GUI customization'. I think I also prefer having the minimap optimizing screen space now that I'm used to having the kdr animation in the top panel instead.

• Atrik changed the title to ProGUI

Minor but useful trainer enhancements (5.10):

• Do not consume resources needed for a building if a player is trying to place one.
    Don't know why I didn't add this earlier, it was just decreasing playability, maybe vanilla auto-queue should also do this.

• Customize classes used by the trainer in options.
    Add/remove a production building class to save screen space. And also enable it for unit if you want (like Hero for Persians, Ships for Athenians)

On 02/08/2023 at 7:04 PM, Atrik said:

two new stat bars added that represent your current game performances. Military performance (Red), Eco performance (Yellow)

i maybe enabled this. not sure. i remember i have enabled nearly everything for testing.

now i don't know how its called and how disable. or maybe its not possible to disable? any tip?

Screenshot_20230902_021902.jpg.aa7e173f93185b181cb17af4f4bd9fd2.jpg

atrik. is it really? in
"GUI customization" > "stats bar near minimap"

i use Version 0.5.3. probably its in 05.10 .. i will check

Screenshot_20230902_023500.jpg.b6ec8b21eb65aea7f74c0d2a7795263d.jpg

Edited by seeh

• 5 months later...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1b404eaef8ab8d76f49520b9c40fdb73.png

One thing you may do when starting a game is to lookup other team players civs in the diplomacy tab.
For a better and faster read of team compositions I've added a new "team recap" option, to display a quick summary of the teams when the game starts.

If ever someone read this and can think of a better picture or background texture then the red banners, I'll be thanks-full.

Edit : @guerringuerrin re-design with diplomacy cues as decorations. Colors wouldn't work on these stone/marble cadres.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d290dcf856abc1e29c58acb9c8f75767.png

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 2

@Atrik Alright, that looks so much better. The design of the squares is beautiful!

I notice some smudging in the headers (Team #). I would try without bold/stroke to avoid the letter's wholes being filled and letters not being touched each other. Also, I would change civ name's colors for another more dark to make more contrast with the background.

I wonder if it's not too hard to use the player's colors in the player's names instead of using diplomatic colors. Or maybe this can change according to player's preferences using the respective toggle button.

Finally, I would move the content a little down. Right now is too much close to the header. The spear can be smaller, so it's not too close to the contents if you move the contents down.

Edited by guerringuerrin
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.84ae69cc01aa0e85d1efe36e6ac02bf2.png

Thanks @guerringuerrin! You were right about the smudging, and that the text should be more spaced, I couldn't move the content too much down as it's supposed to be able to fit 8 players (when ffa, all are team 0) so I moved to title and brass axes, up, but It seems to look better in the end.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.affe720be1ef91d9b0842f97807a4932.png

With more then 4 players in a team, the text and icons overlap with the decorations but I guess it's okish.

• Thanks 1