A kind of easter egg that does not affect gameplay.

Delfador

Remembering the Age of Mythology, I wondered if the developers on certain maps, where there are pyramids and roaming animals near them, can replace predatory non-nutritious animals with mummies of similar strength? A kind of easter egg that does not affect gameplay.

MummyOpt2.gif?t=1679332906

It would be great to create a whole thematic map of "Hamunaptra".

Spoiler

Edited by Delfador

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Eyecandy or a cheat?

It is assumed that mummies will occasionally replace land predators at the pyramid, if any. In terms of parameters, they can be exactly like a crocodile or a wolf or a desert predatory fauna. It's like the pumpkins replacing the berry bushes in the Plymouth special, or the Christmas tree forest instead of the regular ones on the Yukon map and on the Age of Empires 3 special maps.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlLgD2W8UeVunr5iw8g4l

Spoiler

zZ1oC2I.jpeg

Edited by Delfador

4 minutes ago, Delfador said:

Is it possible to add a mirage that will dissipate when units approach? Wandering mummies, water oases...

I don't see how the game can benefit from this, and also the team is too small for such "perks".

1 minute ago, hyperion said:

In theory yes, but with line of sight in RTS this is probably not that meaningful.

Well, yes. I completely forgot that even a fully developed city has a meager line of sight... I already suggested doubling the light radius of city centers... The message went unanswered.