Housing places in the barracks and fortresses.

Sun Wukong

6 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

If you expect you can personally redirect the design of the game, I am sorry.

I'm afraid then Microsoft will sue you for copying gameplay. No, let's continue to hang spaghetti made from the colored border of the root territory on the map... I see you even added new colors for them!

Spoiler

Spicy-tomato-spaghetti-caf3053.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sun Wukong said:

I'm afraid then Microsoft will sue you for copying gameplay. No, let's continue to hang spaghetti made from the colored border of the root territory on the map... I see you even added new colors for them!

Reveal hidden contents

Spicy-tomato-spaghetti-caf3053.jpg

@Stan` close the topic 

@rossenburg

This is nonsense and a waste of time.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

I don't know why you have come to 0ad to make it into Cossacks. The whole point of finding a new game is learning to appreciate it. It seems like you have no appreciation for the game or community. You called the citizen-soldiers concept "dumb". We know it has its flaws, but we also know its gameplay benefits and we are working to improve it. Calling it "dumb" is just an insult to developers who have worked on 0ad for a long time, as well as players who have more than just a superficial understanding of the game and are always debating and discussing gameplay aspects and effects.

• Like 1

Comes and registers on a forum to ask for "Age of Cossack A.D."

For that he should go and ask for a game based on Cossacks and focused on classical and late antiquity, to the developers of Cossack.( It is easier).

Besides I suspect that's what he's looking for.

When I joined 0AD(WFG) I wanted a game that was like AOE II Mythology etc, based on the ancient age, in Microsoft they have never given it, if not look at that Rome Returns that is nothing new.it is pure nostalgia).

Instead here they gave me more than what I asked for.

Sometimes people think they bring good ideas and they don't bring them to us.

To suggest things you have to know the game and the audience.

As much as I want to, I can't change a lot of things that maybe I don't like so much about the game and I have to change it in a way that doesn't bother the already toxic player base.

That's what great mods like Delenda Est or Mirror A.D. are for.

I don't remember the protests when we changed from A23 to A24.

On top of that he comes so toxic to insult the work of others.

The advantage of being opensource is that >>>$$$$ <<< money does not interest us.

----

By the way Microsoft is not interested in suing us. Because if not they would have to be sued by blizzard...and by all those who preceded the genre.

40 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

This is nonsense and a waste of time.

Probably you should close the registration on the forum and issue invites.

33 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Calling it "dumb"

Sometimes, even large corporations waste a lot of time on stupid decisions. For example, Google with their useless video chats that will never get past the current industry leaders. It's okay to make dumb decisions, but it's not okay to cult them and build the game around them.

Just now, Sun Wukong said:

Probably you should close the registration on the forum and issue invites.

Sometimes, even large corporations waste a lot of time on stupid decisions. For example, Google with their useless video chats that will never get past the current industry leaders. It's okay to make dumb decisions, but it's not okay to cult them and build the game around them.

What are you doing here? The door is open.

You can go, right?

I mean log off.

2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Comes and registers on a forum to ask for "Age of Cossack A.D."

I only suggest to take the best mechanics from the genre. You have collected a salad of compromises, conventions and crutches in the game, saying that no one dares to dictate to you how to jump on these crutches...:LOL:

1 minute ago, Sun Wukong said:

I only suggest to take the best mechanics from the genre. You have collected a salad of compromises, conventions and crutches in the game, saying that no one dares to dictate to you how to jump on these crutches...:LOL:

https://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php

I'll even do you the favor of writing what you should write.

Gentlemen developers of Cossacks please make an ancient themed game with your gameplay.

:banana:

2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

What are you doing here? The door is open.

You can go, right?

I mean log off.

If you wrote right away that this game is an exclusive order for 3-4 people, I would not even waste my time and try to suggest making it more familiar to the general public. Okay, bye bye.

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

https://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php

I'll even do you the favor of writing what you should write.

Gentlemen developers of Cossacks please make an ancient themed game with your gameplay.

:banana:

I forgot they were Russian.

Я даже окажу вам услугу - напишу то, что вы должны написать.

Господа разработчики Казаков сделайте пожалуйста древнюю тематическую игру с вашим геймплеем.

If you wrote right away that this game is an exclusive order for 3-4 people, I would not even waste my time and try to suggest making it more familiar to the general public. Okay, bye bye.

You mean more casual players?

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I forgot they were Russian.

Я даже окажу вам услугу - напишу то, что вы должны написать.

Господа разработчики Казаков сделайте пожалуйста древнюю тематическую игру с вашим геймплеем.

Да уж, скорее разработчики Казаков выпустят игру по античности, чем 0 A.D. выйдет из бесконечной альфы...

Да уж, скорее разработчики Казаков выпустят игру по античности, чем 0 A.D. выйдет из бесконечной альфы...

Я не собираюсь это читать.

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

English please 

When your territory is suddenly intercepted by an ally and part of your buildings goes beyond your borders - it's just brilliant, like Picasso's paintings! Each new look - new images and figures! This game should be transferred to the Louvre!

7 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

But you are devoting time to it.

It seems that I bet on the wrong number, expecting both classic mechanics and their further expansion from the game. As a result, we have bits of classics stuck in the bottleneck of amateur performances...

Edited by Sun Wukong

It seems that I bet on the wrong number, expecting both classic mechanics and their further expansion from the game.

No that's AoE DE.

Maybe we need to make the tutorial for people like you.

I understand, I adapted quickly to the concept.

Do you find it hard to select only the citizen soldiers to send to combat?

AoE is more straightforward and simple. It's good for nostalgia.

StarCraft is popular in Russia.

8 minutes ago, Sun Wukong said:

I'm afraid that the public, tempted by strategies, wanted to seriously play this, you will also have to pay extra.

Pay for what? This is a hobby.

We are not interested in money.

I know there are people asking for this kind of game especially sitting in Roman times.

It seems that you haven't finished understanding the concept if you seriously don't like the gameplay.

Our mods are up to compete against the official game.

Someone might say that they are like a laboratory for ideas that we are not trying.

For example Delenda is going without the CS idea.

One of the pillars for which 0AD was created was to create an Age of Empires-like rts that is very easy to modify.

Mirror is another recent mod, made by a user from China, it is almost like 0AD except it removes the concept of citizen soldiers.

And if that wasn't enough we have another mod that is exactly the classic AoE experience.

9 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Our mods are up to compete against the official game.

It's very strange that mods are more ready than the game itself.

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

And if that wasn't enough we have another mod that is exactly the classic AoE experience.

When people first come to your game, they don't know about all the mods. They are used to the fact that the game should be ready out of the box, and not hand-assembled piece by piece here and there, like the corpse of a Frankstein monster. And the first thing they see is good design, completely killed by restrictions and some vague concepts, and it seems that the developers themselves do not know what they want.

28 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Mirror is another recent mod, made by a user from China, it is almost like 0AD except it removes the concept of citizen soldiers.

I don't understand what's stopping you from putting these pieces together into one puzzle?

However, it's probably more prudent to keep three different proprietary games, enjoying three, though not interleaved, game mechanics, than to have one "open source" game that has one single mechanic that is also killed...

Edited by Sun Wukong