-
Posts
369 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Asher
-
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Is there any specific feature you want me to test, @Grautvornix? -
Where do you download this? Is this for r28?
-
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Seems to work , @Grautvornix -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
I think I activated it in-game after the program was already running, but I had to restart the program for it to recognize it. Maybe if you could add a refresh button? You should be able to edit these things in the Atlas editor, but I was thinking it would be nice to change some of this stuff in your program. Maybe it is not that important though I think it could show the naturally occurring food (excluding fields and corrals that spawn with the map), and you could just put a note that says "excludes fields and corrals". But, do whatever you think is better, I don't think it is that big of a deal Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that. Then I guess it isn't a spelling mistake. I probably doesn't matter that much, it is close enough I mean, like if you clicked start, but then realized you forgot to do something, then you could just click stop instead of having to let it finish running -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
I would add (see below) to _CIV_DISPLAY_NAMES in civ_data.py, because if you are using 0ad 28, they are pers, but if you are using 29, they are achae "pers": "Persians", -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Another thing, I changed the current map, but on the convert page, the Test in Game button stayed the same, instead of changing back to Convert. Also, a stop button would be nice in the convert section -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Also, it says in the Analyze section under Resources that food is not counted. I guess, why? Is there a certain reason why you didn't count it? Also, the tab Analyze is spelled wrong. It is currently spelled "Anaylse" (replace the "s" with a "z") -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
@Grautvornix, so I was getting some warnings and errors from a certain things on the map which weren't in the base game, then I loaded the game and the mods folder, but the warnings were still there. They didn't go away until I restarted the program. If you could make a button so you can refresh the errors. Also, if you could be able to edit certain things, like description, what civs the players are, if the players are bots or humans, ect. I think that would be helpful, so you don't have to have both this and scenario editor open at the same time, to make some of the smaller changes. Hopefully you don't think that I think this is horrible, it is just my feedback, to make it better; I think this tool will be a pretty usefully helpful -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Also if you could add tool tips. When on dark theme, it is had to tell which buttons you can click and not click (see photos). Could you have some other colors, pwease. Also, do you use github or gitlab or any of those type things? It might be easier for other people to update or something -
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
I loaded some maps, and it worked. Can you make it so you can load mods for it, like if you are making a map for a mod that adds new structures. Because it was saying a certain civ name was undefined, but it was, just in a mod. Maybe you already added the setting, but I didn't see it -
Oh sorry, I was pretty sure I disabled all mods, but one was still there. I disabled it and didn't get the error. Sorry
-
Just opened 0ad, and got this. I got it even without mods. 0ad would start -> I would go to matches -> new game -> then start, and it would start, and then it would quit
-
Maybe you guys already decided on something, but what if you could like convert a ship. It is like selling or returning something to a store and getting store credit. You sell you ship back, and some of the wood can be used for another one
-
Map making support and conversion tool: post-Atlas
Asher replied to Grautvornix's topic in Scenario Design/Map making
Just ran it on macos, it worked, though I didn't really try anything. The gui is pretty small, could you make it bigger please -
On the usage of AI to generate 0 A.D. content
Asher replied to wowgetoffyourcellphone's topic in Official tasks
For that, it may be fine, because it is very unlikely that it would use copyrighted stuff, but still, I think we should be careful But I don't think it can be under creative commons if we use ai -
But maybe we could start something, we would just have to figure out how to allow building certain structures underwater. Also, is there any structure that units can walk on top of? I can't think of any
-
Good idea! With gates, units can go under, or turret on top. So, something similar could probably work for this
-
Is there an easy way to see if techs are working?
-
So, the human authored parts can be copyrighted, but any of the modified parts by ai, can't be. I am not very familiar with coding js with 0ad, but maybe someone else would be willing to help
-
Just don't put a license with it. I am not sure if we can include it in 0ad then, unless a human makes the changes, maybe check this out: https://seisan.com/ai-generated-code-intellectual-property-ownership/
-
Did you have ai make the changes or find them? Just wondering because you can't license ai generated content
-
So, I have a github repo for the mod. https://github.com/Jeff-web-sketch/Boats If anybody wants to help, I can add you as a collaborator, or if you just want to test and report any bugs or things, that's fine too
