Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 2026-08-29 in all areas

  1. thanks for the proposals - I'd prefer the second one as it bends nicely into the header bar, does not obstruct anything, nor intrude on the main display and does not need a trigger or mouse hover.
    2 points
  2. Screenshot ideas below for what I had been thinking for re-using the top ribbon space, or a kinda dropdown from the diplomacy icon
    2 points
  3. For a while myself and others when playing nomad have been referring to an issue as the 'barrack hack' but I am interested to know if it is a bug or intended. It occurs when two nomad players place CCs relatively close together. If player one then places a barrack building up against the opponents CC then the CC begins to lose health - presumably due to the territorial influence of the barracks. Personally I feel that the influence of the CC should win out in this case so I was looking for opinions from devs about what the intended behavior is. I have attached some screenshots to demonstrate this from a game yesterday. Further to the normal influence gain over the CC @gianlucalp also had his storehouse decay to Gaia and to his opponent (uff). This understandably made several players think there was a cheat in action so I think this deserves attention. Attachments: 102: Notice uff's barracks against the opponent (gian) CC - we have been calling this the barrack hack. The CC is losing health because of the barracks. 104: gian built a storehouse which immediately loses health to Gaia ? and to the opponent 108: Notice the house also losing health to Gaia and opponent despite arguably being closer to gian's CC
    1 point
  4. PR here to restrict placing a CC within 200 m of an already placed CC: https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/pulls/9176
    1 point
  5. https://linktr.ee/wildfire_games
    1 point
  6. Hi everyone, I'm working on a short promo video for my 0 A.D. campaign. To get the right mood, I'm using Suno as a reference tool just to explore ideas and find the kind of atmosphere I want. https://suno.com/s/Hj5gkFwHxQmXWSZK
    1 point
  7. IMO nomad games are even earlier broken by too near set CCs. The barracks are just one hack. Too often 2 ccs foundations are set too near without intention. The barrack hack is then often executed with the help of team mates that sponsor the early barrack. A minimum radius between cc foundations would be a cleaner solution. Even without barrack hack too close CCs ruin games early on. Another interesting thing is this capture doesn't respect the ceasefire but captures even during it. Noteworthy other mention: CC denial through units on the foundation. If one is lucky, one can put their cavalry on the enemy foundation during ceasefire and the enemy can't start their foundation because the cavalry won't move.
    1 point
  8. I thought, as with Bibasis, to present better a few of the most straightforward propositions I made long ago for the Spartans with some icons (some of which clearly need to be improved). Kleroi civ. bonus: Spartiate land allotments where helots lived and farmed. Also, their farmlands were among the most fertile. This would give more efficient fields (and could compensate for my proposal of removing their advanced agricultural tech). Scytale civ. bonus: transposition cipher for communications, since 7th c. BC, often associated with the Spartans, although it's somewhat controversial. This would increase FOV, to compensate for a civ that shouldn't be fast (lack of cavalry). Murex Fishing tech: instead of Fishing Nets (which have existed for thousands of years!). The Greeks were not that big in fishing, much less the Spartans, while "the murex mollusc" was used to obtain "royal purple", and "among the Greeks the Lakonians and Tarentines were leading producers". This would make fishing boats give some additional metal coin. Bribe Gerontes tech: something that Spartan kings did. If there are structure abilities with a cooldown, it would work better as such. This would make Heroes a bit more powerful, for a metal coin price. I ran out of free AI images when trying to make a Cleomenes III Reforms tech icon, but I wasn't having good ideas on how to represent that in a simple way anyway.
    1 point
  9. Seems to me that units should have an ungarrisoning cooldown after garrisoning. This could also be used by Traders and Markets to avoid continuous horrid looking caravans.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...