Jump to content
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I am aware that these are mutually exclusive to a degree. I am just saying elephants and ships are already very clumsy as is. On the ship side, there have been discussions to scale down ships for a while which would help. For elephants, we have the upside of improved pathing through own and enemy units, which is sick, but problems are clear when handling forests and buildings. Unless I am mistaken, it seems like these 3 points are less "mission critical" to the elephant attack and charge effects.
    • In case of the Irish, archeology is perhaps the main source (due do the lack of Roman accounts and medieval epics not being very reliable). Perhaps champion units could be distinguished from clothing, jewelry and occasional horned headdress. EB2 gave some of the Irish cavalry leather armor:   It's not entirely impossible they had leather/cloth armor that did not survive, although i'm not sure they would follow the same Gaulish style with shoulderpads (the leather armor of the Gauls seem to have been inspired by Greek examples).
    • That’s why it’s good to have more people doing the testing. There are a thousand ways to break your work haha. Just kidding, it’s great that @Thalatta managed to compile it and test it.  Alright, I’ll do some testing of my own tonight with this. Great work!
    • They do! @Thalatta is just master trickster here!  Joking, but maybe we can increase the SolidPushSpin as explained above. I had this parameter added before doing the "push only if we have room to push", so maybe a higher value now will still results in still acceptable level of wiggles.
    • I like this behavior much more than what could be seen in my videos from the previous commit. I'm not sure to what extent it will be possible (or desirable) to make the behavior more realistic, but getting them to rotate a little when they are pushed would be really good, as it would make the behavior more realistic and, in many cases, could help open up paths for them to move through more quickly.  But, in fact, I think this result is quite acceptable. And what I like most about this new patch is that the elephants entering the narrow path looks much smoother and more natural. They’re still clumsy and slow, which is fitting for something so large and heavy. But the movement flows much better than in the previous version, which felt stiff and a bit “dumb” 
×
×
  • Create New...