-
Topics
-
Posts
-
Quite interesting, some things are similar to my upcoming Market suggestion, for example: -Selling resources at retail (slow, but more profitable than direct barter): I thought of local trade (retail) represented by a trickle, while global trade as it is now, but more profitable, while removing instantaneous barter and integrate it on the mentioned ideas (I think it's a silly system copied from AoE that many other games don't have). -Once units appear on the map, they consume coins and food: I like the upkeep idea, but it's more radical, for now. -If a player's balance of these resources becomes negative, unit recruitment and construction are locked: I think it's not enough punishment, makes sense for a certain time, but after that, units disbanding and mercenaries rebelling by going to Gaia would be interesting. -Interest on deposits: nice idea, since "there is evidence for the existence of private banks in Greek antiquity since the end of the 5th century BC. They functioned as offices for changing money or keeping coins and valuables. In addition, they operated as pawnshops", from the Museum of the Bank of Greece. -Traders. The main role is to influence prices during barter transactions. The option to generate resources by moving between markets has been disabled: that's where I'll propose things in the exact opposite way (Traders travelling and doing the bartering trades continuously).
-
By real_tabasco_sauce · Posted
yes, but this is already the case with elephants. IMO the target should be to keep their maneuverability through buildings and other immovable obstacles as close to current as possible. -
UPDATE: Version 0.12.1 Added Wiki button Each game will start in a random month
-
Yes, I agree they should be very clumsy, as ships, nothing wrong about that. But what I find might be solvable is their uncooperativeness , by putting in place the measures needed for them to rotate in certain situations.
-
By guerringuerrin · Posted
Yes, I agree with you. Although I’m not sure elephants necessarily need to be able to move smoothly through the narrowest possible passages. There has to be a point where the elephant’s size actually matters mechanically, and in those situations, the most logical choice seems to be to destroy the house rather than try to squeeze through it. But I think trying elliptical hitboxes is reasonable. I got the impression that implementing them would be quite complicated, but if there’s any possibility of doing it, I’d definitely give it a try.
-
