gameboy

NSIS error.

Today, I packed the game and found that there was an error in NSIS that could not be packed

I am using the latest version of NSIS 3.0.5.

SetOutPath: "$INSTDIR\binaries\data\mods\public"
File: failed creating mmap of "E:\trunk\binaries\data\mods\public\public.zip"
Error in script "E:\trunk\source\tools\dist\0ad.nsi" on line 127 -- aborting creation process

Might be because of the new art and the fact that the public mod is now too big :S

I guess the first thing to try is to remove files from the public mod and see if it works.

• Like 1

I have made the split package of public mod with WINRAR, and I have made the installation package. When I installed the game, I do not know whether the normal game? Can the other branch of PUBLIC mod be called by the game?

For example: public.zip, public.zip002, public.zip003

Would not the file suffix be .rar not.zip as you used WINRAR not  winzip for compression even at that it would be public001.zip,public002.zip as the suffix takes no part as a file identifier.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

The problem is NSIS cannot pack files bigger than 2GB.

EDIT: Also you need to package the public mod using the archive builder converting all PNGs to DDS 

@Stan` @Angen https://sourceforge.net/projects/nsisbi/files/nsisbi3.05.1/

NSISBI aims to remove the current 2GB limit found in NSIS. 

But  Single files are still limited to 2GB after compression.

BTW: I hope you(0 A.D. Team) can modify the code provided by him to change the limit that NSIS cannot use a single file over 2GB, thank you!

Edited by gameboy

That's a filesystem issue I think, not a NSIS issue. I don't even know how to use NSIS yet, so it'll have to wait a bit.

If it's a file system problem, it can be solved with a 64 bit operating system, but it's really a problem of NSIS. I provided my friend's NSIS, which modified the source code of NSIS, but it can't break the limit that a single file can't exceed 2GB. Maybe our team can change this on this basis. Then recompile NSIS

File System  = (EXT4, NTFS, FAT, HFS, APFS, ZFS, etc...) != 32BIT/64BIT

I'm using NTFS. It's not related to it.  You can take the time to see the connection I provide.

Sorry I'm seeing this only now. Yes, we do use nsisbi to package the game in order to work around the size of the public mod.

What is your question?

@Itms  My problem is that when I compressed the Public folder, the compressed size was more than 2G, and an error occurred when I made the installation package with nsisbi.

'$INSTDIR\binaries\data\mods\public"

File: failed creating mmap of "E:\trunk\binaries\data\mods\public\public.zip"

Error in script "E:\trunk\source\tools\dist\0ad.nsi" on line 127 -- aborting creation process