Sign in to follow this  
Lion.Kanzen

Zapotecs 1.0

2 minutes ago, Allah said:

No te entiendo nada

Lion se tomo un tiempo de 0 ad y la administracion de la pagina de 0 ad en español en facebook(o eso le entendi)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trinketos said:

Lion se tomo un tiempo de 0 ad y la administración de la pagina de 0 ad en español en facebook (o eso le entendi)

no uso facebook, ni twitter, ni instagram ni whatsapp

solo us discord y un email

• Like 1

Mining and Oaxaca places.

Oaxaca was rich in gold mining before Spaniards arriving.

The central region of Oaxaca during the late Postclassic period (1300-1521 AD) was known throughout Mesoamerica for the work of the Mixtec and Zapotec goldsmiths. In addition to the Mixtec-Zapoteca area, there were other regions within the current state of Oaxaca where gold objects were manufactured. One of these areas is the Sierra Norte. However, although several gold objects have been found in the state of Oaxaca, both in an archaeological context and outside it, the different aspects that formed part of the process of manufacturing gold objects are practically unknown. Likewise, there is no clear idea of the location of the different placers that were exploited in pre-Hispanic times by the different groups. The objective of this presentation is to point out the different pleasures of the Central Valleys, the Mixteca and the Sierra where it is known that gold was washed both in the pre-Hispanic and early colonial times.

Resultado de imagen para mixteca alta

this place in Oaxaca named as Mixteca Alta (alta means high) 

ter 1990, p. 100). The most important lordships that emerged at this stage in Oaxaca were those of Mixtec origin. Adjacent to the central valley of Oaxaca, in what is known as the Mixteca Alta, is the Yanhuitlan-Nochixtlan valley. The terrain of the valley is flat and has an approximate extension of 250 km2. Although it presents unfavorable conditions for agriculture, the valley was fully inhabited at the end of the pre-Hispanic period. In this valley have been found associated with burials, several gold objects whose work demonstrates the skill of the Mixtec goldsmiths The Mixtec and Oaxaca valley were a desirable spoils for the Mexica, so the Mexican ruler Ahuizotl undertook the expansion of the impero to the southeast of the basin of Mexico. So by 1502, Ahuizotl conquered the Mixtec-Zapoteco territory (Marcus, 1983). Based on the information given in the Matrícula de Tributos, the province of Coixtlahuaca, where Yanhuitlan was included, was to pay to the Mexicas twenty jícaras of gold powder per year. The gold must have come from the rivers that crossed the Yanhuitlan-Nochixtlan valley. Once the Spaniards conquered the Mixteca Alta they began to look for gold in the rivers of this valley. According to colonial documents, in Yanhuitlan there were several pleasures from which the precious mineral could be obtained. Indeed, in the eleventh plate of the Codex Yanhuiltlan (Figure 2), we can see several scenes of people washing the earth from the rivers to obtain gold nuggets (Jiménez Moreno 1940, ). In this one, you see at least two toponyms that would be included in what was the lordship of Yanhuitlan. Before continuing, it is necessary to say that the word Yanhuitlan is a Nahuatl word that means "new place". Yanhuitlan's place glyph is illustrated in the Codex

it look like similar to Delend Est.

During the Postclassic period, the city of Monte Albán was almost completely abandoned. Around 1200 A.D. the city was inhabited again although not in its totality, but with it some of the housing units and tombs built by the Zapotecos in the previous stages were reoccupied. The city possibly functioned more as an economic-commercial centre than as a political or religious enclave (Blanton, 1983). The valley of Oaxaca, like the Mixteca, was conquered by the Mexicas. As part of the tributary provinces of this empire, the Zapotecs and Mixtecs of the valley had to deliver to the Mexicans diverse objects, among them were blankets of something.

Imagen relacionada

Resultado de imagen para valle oaxaca

Oaxaca Valley.

Resultado de imagen para mixteca altalibro.png?zoom=1.5&resize=662%2C331

You don't forget the pines from Mesoamerican hills and mountains.

Imagen relacionada

When the Mexicas conquered this area, the inhabitants of the province of Tuxtepec, Chinantecos, Mazatecos-Popolocas and others had to pay as a tribute a gold diadem, a gold squeeze for the head of a long hand and the thickness of a parchment, two strings of gold beads, one of them with bells, 20 bezotes of amber set in gold and another 20 bezotes of rock crystal also set in gold. If we compare the three tributary provinces that belonged to the Mexicas at the end of the Late Postclassic, we find that the province of Tuxtepec was one of those that delivered a greater tribute in objects finished in gold.

Resultado de imagen para tuxtepec

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_oocarpa

very extended pine tree.

Resultado de imagen para pinus oocarpa

This species ranges from latitudes of 14° to 29° north, including western Mexico, Guatemala and the higher elevations of Honduras, El Salvador and northwestern Nicaragua. An average temperature of 15 to 24 °C (59 to 75 °F) and annual rainfall of 1,000–1,900 mm (39–75 in) are needed for best development. Preferred elevations are 900–2,400 m (3,000–7,900 ft) above sea level. In El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua it grows above 800 m (2,600 ft). Pinus oocarpa var. trifoliata grows between 2,000 and 2,400 m (6,600 and 7,900 ft) above sea level.

Pinus oocarpa range map 1.png

Pinus pseudostrobus Cerro Pelon.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_pseudostrobus

Pinus pseudostrobus range map 1.png

this last see very common in Oaxaca, i see this in my own town but i'm not sure where.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, Sundiata said:

Jesus speaking Zapotec language :lmao:(Don't know why I think it's so funny. It's not like English makes any more sense or anything...)

It reminds me lot of that time those 2 American Mormon missionaries showed up at my door here in Ghana. They had pamphlets depicting Jesus Christ in the Americas. They claimed that after his resurrection, Jesus visited the Americas. Some of the Native Americans were supposedly beautiful white people, but because of their wickedness, God cursed them with a dark skin instead... They also claim that the Garden of Eden was somewhere in North America... 

I said I wasn't interested in pamphlets, only original material. So they actually gave me the Book of Mormon. I tried reading it, but it's honestly just an unreadable piece of fraudulent garbage. 

At least they were friendly fellows.

jesus-heal-nephites-america-mormon.jpg.b7c326545d23ba8cf6c5625350635b2f.jpg

christ-in-th-americas.thumb.jpg.eb3ffc9afdf642c4f668f2b32dfd7bc7.jpg

I mean, what the fudge...?!

I did not know that my ancestors were 2 meter Aryans.

Interesting.

That explains the envy of Guatemala xD

• Haha 1