Lion.Kanzen

Zapotecs need technologies that really make sense to them, for example, they shouldn't have technologies that involve metal casting, for example. Some ideas:

Forge (in this case, weapons workshop):

-Ranged attack: Obsidian-tipped projectiles I projectiles with green obsidian tips (of a high degree of purity)

-Armatures: Padded armor, reinforced with salt + resistance. The thick cotton covers also have registers + resistance.

- Melee attack: obsidian knives (secudaria weapon) + melle attack

-Shields: Wooden shield. Shields of reinforced wood?

Dock:

Withdrawal of advanced naval technologies. 

Market:

A commercial bonus technology that represents the taxes received by the Zapotecs?

Corral:

Withdrawal of livestock technology from the corral / exchange for / beekeeping (I have to research more about) with food drip or area bonus for agricultural fields.

Farm:

Iron plow / exchange for / manual wood plow.

Ball court:

Does technology practice ritual sport? + resistance or speed for all infantry.

Storehouse:

Wheelbarrow = captive conveyors.

Temple:

Nagualismo = Heroes (and champions?) With greater attack speed or resistance (psychological effect).

Ritual of Sacrifice of captives increased religious frevor (some global bonus in units).

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierve_el_Agua

The area is also of archeological interest because of the extensive system of irrigation and terraces built by the Zapotecs as many as 2,500 years ago.[3] It was also most likely a sacred site to the ancient peoples of the Oaxaca valley.[9] The canals are part of an irrigation system which was created more than 2,500 years ago, most of which extend from the Amphitheatre side...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierve_el_Agua

The area is also of archeological interest because of the extensive system of irrigation and terraces built by the Zapotecs as many as 2,500 years ago.[3] It was also most likely a sacred site to the ancient peoples of the Oaxaca valley.[9] The canals are part of an irrigation system which was created more than 2,500 years ago, most of which extend from the Amphitheatre side...

A really great technology! I will make these changes today for Terra Magna, @Lion, if you have something you want to add or correct, I would be grateful. I believe that some new icons will be needed in the future.

Edited by Lopess

@Lopess crees que el cacao les serviría de algo?

The Zapotecs developed a very varied agriculture. They cultivated several species of chili, strawberry, pumpkin, cacao and, the most important of all: corn, which at the beginning of the classic period gave sustenance to numerous villages. In order to have good harvests, they worshipped the sun, the rain, the earth and the corn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@Lopess crees que el cacao les serviría de algo?

The Zapotecs developed a very varied agriculture. They cultivated several species of chili, strawberry, pumpkin, cacao and, the most important of all: corn, which at the beginning of the classic period gave sustenance to numerous villages. In order to have good harvests, they worshipped the sun, the rain, the earth and the corn.

Maybe something for the market? Cacau was more associated with consumption among the elite classes at that time, I believe. A bonus in trade?

Besides, what do you think of archers as a combat unit for the Zapotecs? Do you have any feelings about them?

1 minute ago, Lopess said:

Maybe something for the market? Cacau was more associated with consumption among the elite classes at that time, I believe. A bonus in trade?

Besides, what do you think of archers as a combat unit for the Zapotecs? Do you have any feelings about them?

I would like them to be an elite unit. And common unit for Teotihucanos and mercenary for mayans.

2 minutes ago, Lopess said:

And that I find nothing about them in the initial pre-classic / classic, at most indications that the bow was known and used for hunting but not in wars. In my view at most a hunter / weak unit in combat or a mercenary unit.

Debió usarse solo como arma de segunda mano, osea como un arma civil. Entonces debemos cambiar a campeón con jabalina y campeón con maza( la de obsidiana con cuchillas)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Debió usarse solo como arma de segunda mano, osea como un arma civil. Entonces debemos cambiar a campeón con jabalina y campeón con maza( la de obsidiana con cuchillas)

¿Un campeón "macuahuitl" que puede ascender a arquero, por ejemplo? Creo que debemos dejar al menos un lancero campeón, ya que la lanza siempre estuvo asociada con guerreros incluidos los reyes.

Just now, Lopess said:

¿Un campeón "macuahuitl" que puede ascender a arquero, por ejemplo? Creo que debemos dejar al menos un lancero campeón, ya que la lanza siempre estuvo asociada con guerreros incluidos los reyes.

Puede haber un upgrade , de cazador a Melee y viceversa así tenemos que na unidad en Terra Magna con los Xiongnu.

• Like 1

Some cool things I found in pdfs about trying to decipher the ancient Zapotec glyphs.

In red are possible clubs / spears with one side coated with obsidian (which makes me believe that nothing would prevent a club with both sides)

The central figures are apparently noble warriors or warrior priests using for the exfoliated of their victims, in their hands a small shield and perhaps an atlatl ??

In this second image we see in the center what is probably a royal couple worshiping an ancestor. underneath well-armed warriors with padded cotton armor, many wearing pastas with cotton covers.

Captura de tela de 2021-03-21 16-31-43.png

Captura de tela de 2020-07-13 19-37-46.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

They have. @Lopess

Maybe in that we can leave it as it is, but if we put both types of ram it would be something like "more correct" and "less correct". Most likely, Mesoamericans used ladders, engineering against walls, fire attacks and eventually towers with launchers on it.

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 1

There was no need to create heavy wheeled vehicles.

-----

Explaining why it was unnecessary to implement the concept of rotary movement in wheelbarrows, carts, or any other human-powered vehicle also requires considering the economic context of ancient Mesoamerican societies. On the one hand one has to take into account the type of resources and goods that needed to be transported, as well as the high costs of building and maintaining in the long term the necessary infrastructure for wheeled vehicles (leveled roads and bridges). On the other hand, there was the availability and cheapness of human labor institutionalized in slavery, tribute in work, and even prestations from personal labor. In turn, the three aforementioned factors led to the development of elaborate wooden frames that since ancient times and even as recent as the mid-twentieth century were used by carriers to transport large quantity of goods while skillfully maintaining their balance (pic 10).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Yes, they did have, however, not for transport, as the ram itself is an abstraction, I am divided on this, but in technologies I am removing all mentions of wheels for transport. Maybe in that we can leave it as it is, but if we put both types of ram it would be something like the "most correct" and the "least correct". The most mesrovable that Mesoamericans use stairways, engineering against walls and walls, attacks with fire and eventually towers with archers.

For the war, I believe that it was necessary to have a vehicle with a wheel, even if it was short range.For economic activity and other everyday things, the slaves and voluntary human strength  were enough.

32 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

This article is from the same researcher who gets a lot of information that I show here on the zapotec forum (from the pdfs published on academia.edu, great articles.