Sign in to follow this  
Mythos_Ruler

===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Defense Tower, City Walls, Wall Gate

I think a rounded top versus a four faced mixture (dunno the exact term but I suppose buttress works) is much more elegant cleaner. But then again, this is a military building :)

Nice touch with the banners.

I think a rounded top versus a four faced mixture (dunno the exact term but I suppose buttress works) is much more elegant cleaner. But then again, this is a military building :)

Nice touch with the banners.

I feel as though a barrel vault would be too 'pointed' in relation to the groin vault i have here, even if it is cleaner

some players will be putting a lot of these, and if the roof points in one direction it may look a bit peculiar, in my opinion

Well this one took a while. The textures on the sheilds are still messed up though

In the lower part, I guess you've seen you've got a hollow line all along. Is it due to lack of texture or to modelizing ?

I love the gate, I mean the part that opens. It looks very strong! By the way, the texturing of the gate (timber and metal) can be improved I think (I refer to the 1st render, not the second and last you just posted, where it's too dark to see the texturing).

In the lower part, I guess you've seen you've got a hollow line all along. Is it due to lack of texture or to modelizing ?

I love the gate, I mean the part that opens. It looks very strong! By the way, the texturing of the gate (timber and metal) can be improved I think (I refer to the 1st render, not the second and last you just posted, where it's too dark to see the texturing).

the hollow line is where the team colors go, I haven't quite got there yet.

the gate is all timber, but different colors to differentiate the coffers, I'll probably have to work it a bit more so the grain makes sense

Nice texturing, good work :)

The only thing that looks a little off to me are the gateway arches size. They look too big, other than that... it's looking gorgeous ;)

I've UV mapped the defense tower. I retopologized some parts and deleted unnecessary geometry. I tried to keep the same texturing LordGood did except the railings and some minor details.

It looks darker because of the way blender multiplies AO.

post-13528-0-78718200-1354175430_thumb.j

Please suggest any change desired on the texture mapping. I'll commit this european afternoon.

• Like 1

I've UV mapped the defense tower. I retopologized some parts and deleted unnecessary geometry. I tried to keep the same texturing LordGood did except the railings and some minor details.

It looks darker because of the way blender multiplies AO.

post-13528-0-78718200-1354175430_thumb.j

Please suggest any change desired on the texture mapping. I'll commit this european afternoon.

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but LordGood technically hasn't released his work under the open source licence (by posting in this thread) yet so we shouldn't have anything of his committed.

Edited by Josh

I guess he posted the tower files in the barracks thread in order to check the UVs and get the asset into the game. But yeah, I hope he see this and post in the legal waiver thread just to be sure.

The gatehouse depicted doesnt really fit the game's art style very well, so I took the liberty of flattening it out a bit.mauryan_gatehouse_by_lordgood-d5k4obv.jpg

Just stopped in to let you know how far my jaw dropped when I saw this screenshot. Keep up the amazing work!

Just stopped in to let you know how far my jaw dropped when I saw this screenshot. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks!

That reminds me, I still have no idea what the lengths of the wall segments are supposed to be, this might not work in game just yet

Isn't that building a bit high-poly? It looks really nice, but it appears extremely detailed.

I also think the it looks a little overly detailed.

Edited by Josh

I like it a lot. Amazing work LordGood!

If any details would be removed, I'd say get rid of the decoration on the doors. It looks a little weird with an undecorated wall.

I like this... all of it. Got just one cuppa tea. The texture of the tower looks a bit out of the industrial revolution... I think mabe making the stones lighter... Make it a bit more light dark variated stones. The stones are to rectangular and looks modern (type of)..

Well thats it...

Kind regards

LTJR

I think LordGood could probably make this game by himself. :P

Seriously, do you just blink and models appear?

I really like that palisade variation. It would be pretty cool for different civs to have slightly different palisades.